Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco PIX 506E Configuration Problem

Options
  • 20-08-2004 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I posted this thread in the Computers forum but thought it might be a bit more relevant here.

I am having trouble with my Cisco PIX 506E. I want to change the local IP address to match the network it will be attached to, but every time I try to change it I get the following error message:

"Interface address is not on same subnet as DHCP pool"

I searched google and found another guy with the same problem but, to be perfectly honest, the solution makes no sense to me. Does anyone here have any experience with PIX firewalls and if so, maybe they could instruct me on how to resolve this problem!

Thanks for your time,

Serb

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Networking problem, moving ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Turn off DHCP on Interface Eth0 and Interface Eth1 then save and reboot .

You should be able to set a static then

M

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Are you using PDM?
    If so you just need to disable DHCP on your inside interface...
    Under System Properties-> DHCP Server...
    Then you can re-assign your inside interface as you please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys. I realise now what I was doing wrong, but the problem now is that since I have changed the IP (to 10.1.0.50 255.255.255.0) I can't access the PDM anymore. I can ping it, but I just get connection refused when I try to access https://10.1.0.50/. I am trying to configure it through the terminal and I can't see anything like an access list that I can edit to get to the PDM. Any ideas on where I am messing up would be much appreciated :).

Thanks for your time guys.

Its not in an access list I'd say.

The console port is a VTTY
    The Internal port is ETH0 or ETH1

at the command type

show int (for a list of them)
    show int eth0 (for eth0 only)

conf t (for the configuration interface to change the settings in show )

wr (when finished in the conf t window to save the mods)

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thanks for the reply Muck.

I can see the list of the ethernet connections (eth1 is the internal one). I amn't sure which setting should be edited to allow me to access the Web Control panel. Maybe you could shed a little light on what exactly needs to be changed? Sorry to be a pain, but I'm at a loss here emot-crying.gif

Thanks a lot,

Serb

dunno TBH

could be an access list blcoking port 80 on eth1 or the fact that it is set to DHCP when the IP should be the gateway address for the lan inside, do tell .

IE it is a DHCP client when it should be hard coded as 10.1.1.1 mask 255.255.255.0 or whatever.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Serbian,

If you've successfully changed the IP address of the e1 interface and the IP address of the client you are using to access this changes you will need to add the command pdm <my_client_ip> to successfully use the PDM.

Router#
    Router#conf t
    Router(config)#pdm 10.1.1.x (where x is client IP)

Save and away you go... :)

JayoK

Advertisement