Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(feedback) Leon PD150

Options
  • 20-08-2004 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Honest opinion here please. Thinking very seriously of getting this car, I'm not having any luck second hand.

In silver, black or red..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Get it in red, it looks fantastic and goes great!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sound car, sound performance, sound value

Can't really go wrong there m8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sexy car.
    Black would be my preferrable car.
    Get yourself a nice set of alloys and you'll be the envy of all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yes very nice car, rare enough aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

well I went for the silver one.

Lads I havent stopped grining since I put it into 2nd gear and watched the speedo goto 70 mph without even being close to the redline..:eek: .this thing is a beast!! I thought my 1.6 was fast!!! it feels like a snail now . pickin her up on
    tuesday! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Did you buy new or secondhand? Nice motor anyway :)

BrianD3

bought new. I got a very good deal on the trade in, got a discount and full tank of diesel (have to get used to saying that) plus a few months road tax... very happy with the deal. I was looking at all the usual brands second hand which were in and around the same price but there something about buying new. esp with this much POWER :D

roll on tuesday, anyone know where I can pick up radar detector.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Slightly OT, but you mention going 70mph in 2nd gear. Are you not supposed to "break in" new cars (ie keep them within certain rpm's for x amount of miles)?

I'll not even start as to why you need a radar detector!

its been bedded down by the manufacture. but I just wanted to see what it could do.

Good work lad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

byte wrote:
    Slightly OT, but you mention going 70mph in 2nd gear. Are you not supposed to "break in" new cars (ie keep them within certain rpm's for x amount of miles)?

I'll not even start as to why you need a radar detector!

Something which I done before. As we all know no one likes breaking in engines. When I had to break in a new engine, i jacked it up (*NOTE* proper hydraulic jacks, not silly wheel-jacks) and ran it idle for an hour, let it cool down for an hour, ran it for an hour, let it cool for an hour, and so on...

Just a tip which some might find useful

JohnCleary wrote:
    Something which I done before. As we all know no one likes breaking in engines. When I had to break in a new engine, i jacked it up (*NOTE* proper hydraulic jacks, not silly wheel-jacks) and ran it idle for an hour, let it cool down for an hour, ran it for an hour, let it cool for an hour, and so on...

Just a tip which some might find useful

I wouldn't recommend doing that tbh, there's no flow of air going in. Why not just take it out for a long drive at the specified RPM? Plus there's always the risk that someone could steal the car when it's running if you aren't keeping an eye on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JohnCleary wrote:
    ran it idle for an hour, let it cool down for an hour, ran it for an hour, let it cool for an hour, and so on...

Not a good idea. The engine needs to deliver power, which it doesn't do when idling. Some people also do this in wintertime to defrost the windows. Do not do this unless you don't care about your car

Typical run in period is about 1000 miles. Typical rev limit during this is about two thirds of the red line. Is it so bad to stick to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

check out the back of top gear for ads for radar detector

Advertisement