Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 - Multiplayer

Options
  • 20-08-2004 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Is it just me or does Doom 3 online play suck lemons.....

There are very few low ping servers, not id's fault just not many people playing it here yet.

BUT once you find one (ping rate say around the 60-90ms) they are usually full (even though you apply the filter to remove full servers) OR they're password protected (even though you apply the filter to remove password protected filters)....detect a common theme? The filter doesn't work...

When you do connect to one (60-90ms, say a .co.uk server), once your in the game your ping rate shoots up to around 300 - 400ms.... There's only 4 people allowed in the game for the love of god, what could be hogging the bandwidth....

Hopefully they can fix this with a patch...

Has anyone else seen these problems? Anyone playing away happily online in Doom 3? Is it just me? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

As far as I know, ID admitted the multiplayer side of the game was stuck on rather sloppily, and they just focused all their attention on getting the single player sorted, and getting it released while its graphics are still the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheTick

Yep it certainly feels that way...

It's a pity, as mentioned on previous threads the game does loose its scary aspect after a while and offers little else apart from darkness.. it does look good though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Play it over lan was doing it during the weekend "4 player". Its great fun but after a few hours and so few maps to play on you get tired of it a bit.

Been playing the game for 2 weeks and your right i dont find it as scary as when i first started off. But its still kind of scary from time to time. I think its all down to the sounds you hear there top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheTick

Yeah, true the sounds are v. good..... It is a good game, just don't think it's as good as I hoped.

Apparently there are a few mods out there that allow more than 4 players in multiplayer with new maps etc.... Anyone played any mods, any recommendations?

Advertisement