Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NPC shuffle. This is going to crack you up :)

• 12-03-1999 3:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I found a way to bring your karma up.

If you give an NPC 200 gold 1 piece at a time it will zero your karma. Best way to have it.

I had just finished when someone came into the Tailors in Delucia, and I had just unstealthed. Dammit.

So I do the NPC shuffle and end up at the desk... A little light goes on in my head.

I load up UOcurses, select the NPC speech tab that I made up and got ready.

*reads the books*
    Oh Dear!
    There is an evil coming! I must warn the king

A few seconds later walks over and starts to talk to me, I click the NPC "I don't understand" replies until he thinks I'm an NPC. Then when he starts talking to me like an NPC I give him a story of great evil to fall apon the king (keeping with the new quest coming) and that I must warn him as soon as possible but I need a guard to protect me on my journey.

So he goes "I will take thee" and I say "Lead on! blah blah" smile.gif At this point I just crack up laughing.

So we walk out to the to the wilderness via the caves and another light goes on. As we are walking there with him to his back to me I start stealing from him. I snooped he had sod all! :/ but I got a pewter, some bandages, a couple of potions. All the time he didn't notice.

I surprised he didn't cop on even when I accidently pressed the Curse button twice by accident! and walked ahead!! smile.gif

So anyway he finally brings me to the castle doors which are locked. So I say "I thank thee. Bring me any item of your choice and will enchant it for you! but hurry!"

So I stand there for a minute and he comes back. Now I know he's going to cop on when he hands over the item and the secure window pops up.

So he drops it over me, a black staff (I was hoping for something cool). So I click OK and so does he.

At this point I'm in tears laughing... All I can say is "SUCKER!" and hide and stealth smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mummy, the funny man is scaring me..... redface.gif

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 12-03-99).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

And you say Im evil smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I can go one better. Just after Rev left I headed back to the inn in Vesper that has loads of armor to steal.

I got 5 or 6 pieces, when this person ran up with the intent to kill me.

So she's standing the stairs saying "Come on out!"

So I walk over and snoop. Stupid me snooped a trapped chest and died. She laughing and looting me. I run to the bottom of the house, then I remember something

I say "guards" *WHACK* she's dead... and I have a head start on her smile.gif

I make it to the healers and back and get all my gear and hers (silver chain mainly, some weapons). As I'm walking back to Vesper I bump into her on the bridge and say "Hi! thanks for all the stuff"

She gets very upset, but I leave her on her own.

I get a disguise and head back, now she's gone, so I steal some more. I have about 8 pieces now and she comes out of hiding and says "guards" b!tch.

So I head to the healers, then get ANOTHER disguise (the only magic user one never fails smile.gif )

I run back and she's gray and nervous but we get chatting and she's telling me that she's only starting off being a thief but she normally gets the stuff by getting thieves whacked.

I say cool! and I tell her a way to steal from the barrels, the old LOS and look away from the barrel as well (total BS).

So she does it, I see the gray flag and say "Did it work?" she goes "yes! thanks"..

so I say "Don't mention it... GUARDS!" *WHACK* and then take all her gear. She's OoOooOOo at me like crazy, and I tell her thats for the hassle eariler on smile.gif

Bopped into Buc's den then and made just under 2K from all the NPC's. Got to learn lockpicking next. Make loads of dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ahh Buc's Den was there this morning before work and made about 1.5k from the NPC's as well. Seems there was another thief in the area and some guy tring to bump us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well when I was there, it was completly empty. Not a red in sight.

The Bank owner there is pretty funny smile.gif He's all "oo arr me heartys!" and some NPC walked into the bank and the banker ripped him a new a...... I got it's head smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement