Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farrelly(28) new Bohs player-manager

• 20-08-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Haha, Bohs have really outdone themselves this time. 28 year old manager with no experience, good luck with trying to win the league in the next few years.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2004/0819/bohemians.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

For some reason I just can't picture Farrelly giving the team a big roasting for playing badly, he always seemed the quiet type to me. If you asked me, Boh's only signed him to add another international to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

They are goin down teh route shels went by puttin player manager Pat Fenlon in , who had little experience however he's done very well so far... Hopefully Farrelly will do a good job with Bohs , but the fans expect a lot , kenny was not given a fair chance IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

The difference is Pat Fenlon has loads of experience from playing in the EL. Farrelly hasn't a clue, it will all end in tears. I'd even go as far as saying it's all a front and Farrelly isn't even the manager, Gary Howlett will be doing doing all the work..

Yeah you may be right there Davey .. Howlett has a lot of experience in Irish football, he has come out of the Kenny sacking saga very well, was he brought in originally by Kenny ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It looks exactly like that, this post as manager stinks of a sweetener to get him to join the club.

He has all of his coaching badges though.

Maybe he took it as a stepping stone to further his career? Who knows.

All I can say is, that I think it will end in a mess.

If Howlett is to remain the main man, how will Farrelly have any respect in the dressing room?

• Advertisement

I heard the other day that Sam Allardyce managed over here .. for limerick (not sure on this) ... maybe it will be a stepping stone for him ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, it was Limerick that Big Sam managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Strange decision , has me scratching my head, wonder what Bateman and pigman make of it all.

Not the kind of player who sticks out as a manager type.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

big sam actually managed Longford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hmmm, this really stinks of a guy wanting to 'cut his teeth' before moving on to pastures greener.

I'm not impressed, not impressed at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement