Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corcaigh

Options
  • 20-08-2004 3:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I've been meaning to set up a mailing list for a while now, an alternative to PROC, a more intelligent version of same. Like, a community where you can ask silly questions like:

• "Where can I get $suchAndSuch in Cork?"
    • "Any chance of a bit of fun on Mondays, apart from $yerKnow?"
    • "How far is it from $neah to $diddle?"
    Silly stuff like that. But I'm also mad ticked off with that arse argument that there's nothing to do in Cork, so I want to organise a few, uh... outages....

...from days out at the beach, to plain-jane eL City matches, to evenings in rifle ranges, to nights in the CAT Club. So, first of all, am I over-reaching?

Assuming I'm not, how about firing some ideas out there? Madder the better!

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

pee off ya bunch o langers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

daveirl wrote:

Agreed. Sounds like a great idea Adam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It'll never work in Cork. I bet the first event you'll see a load of people who've brought two or three friends and don't talk to anyone else for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ahh it'll work alright.. if we all bring a few friends and err... oh dear :(

30 people on it now, but they're all shy. Bless. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

well I signed up, but you can see from my post count how often I post here let alone on mailing lists ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

gimme two secs there and I'll come out with something marvellously profound and ONLY post it to the list... maybe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I just signed up aswell.

On to my question, we have rifle ranges in cork?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Rifle ranges!

How much, how much, how much??

There seems to be several ranges in Ireland, but the closest to home seems to be an outdoor range in Fermoy. Perhaps someone would like to get in touch with them to see if a day trip can be arranged? (I ain't the boss, just the facilitator! :))

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~joecon/frc.html (Warning, background midi!!!)

adam

Incidentally - wtf is the CAT club?

Incidentally - wtf is the CAT club?
    Cork Arts Theatre. Across the river from the Opera House, down the lane on the right. Great spot for a bit of amateur culture and after hours pints.

adam

Never heard of it before. I've a friend who's into amateur drama (does plays in the Everyman/Granary) and he's never heard of it before. Must swing by on the way home and see if it has a sign. A quick google shows up nothing but a play back in March. Cork's best kept secret :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement