Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another CTYI Poem

Options
  • 20-08-2004 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

... deleted my post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Cosmic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Squishee3698

Wow Joycey that was probably the best CTYI poem ive heard.
    snaps 4 joycey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

Have a look under the "What does it feel like?" section. Oh dear.

Bad enough it's about E, plagarism is EVIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Your link doesn't work, man. The actual link is this.

Ooh, plagiarism is BAD. *shakes head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

yes indeed plagiarism is bad but what really interests me is how sunstorm found that...

• Advertisement

How either of them found it... *looks around accusingly*

Caoimhe wrote:
    yes indeed plagiarism is bad but what really interests me is how sunstorm found that...

I copy/pasted a line of it and put it into Google. Not hard. Y'know, you'd think he would've covered his tracks better i.e. putting into textspeak.

*raises eyebrow*
    makes sense. :)

That's a likely story... I'M ON TO YOU!

To disgrace such a thing as CTYI with plagiarism really is quite awful, to be honest.

actually, why would you be so suspicious as to google it?

• Advertisement

Caoimhe wrote:
    actually, why would you be so suspicious as to google it?

As I said earlier in the thread, it's not in textspeak which all of his other posts are. It sounds like something you get in one of those "ISN'T IT GREAT TO BE FRIENDS?" chain e-mails. That, and I'm bored.

Boredom always leads to drugs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

heh i knew it was bout yokes. Colhol told me 2 adapt it... he knew 2. I was gonna say it was adapted but i thought that wud lead 2 questions about where it came from... Thought it best 2 leave it like that. Sorry 2 any1 i offended

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Its ok we could never stay mad at you Joyce.

We're bored people with access to the internet, you should assume we'll find out everything eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sunstorm wrote:
    As I said earlier in the thread, it's not in textspeak which all of his other posts are. It sounds like something you get in one of those "ISN'T IT GREAT TO BE FRIENDS?" chain e-mails. That, and I'm bored.
    If more people were this suspicious, and willing to go to such lengths, the world would be nowhere near as corrupt as it is. Keep up the good work

Plagarists make baby Jesus cry, and copyright lawyers very, very happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Joyce nice thread!!! Ill congratulate u next time i c u!!!

HOW the **** did this thread start about yokes when it was originally a poem or sumthing. LMAO.Ur truly a wonder joyce bai.

OOH GOD
    (takes deep breath)
    I like it bai! There is just sumthing there!

Try not to feel like the only 1 confused at this! :rolleyes: :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Joyce nice thread!!! Ill congratulate u next time i c u!!!

HOW the **** did this thread start about yokes when it was originally a poem or sumthing. LMAO.Ur truly a wonder joyce bai.

OOH GOD
    (takes deep breath)
    I like it bai! There is just sumthing there!

Try not to feel like the only 1 confused at this! :rolleyes: :confused::confused::confused:

you're a moron; learn to spell, type and don't post in threads you don't understand. "Joycey" posted a supposed poem about CTYI which was later revealed to be someone's description of being on E.
    Also, another reason to suspect it's plagiarised is:
    based on what observed of the thread starter he'd would in no way be capable of constructing such a poem nor inclined to attempt

Zounds wrote:
    you're a moron; learn to spell, type and don't post in threads you don't understand.
    Can you spell hypocrite?
    Zounds wrote:
    suspossed (sp?)
    Supposed
    Zounds wrote:
    plagurised
    A quick visit to dictionary.com, and a consultation of a dictionary program I have on my PC for some reason, shows that the correct spelling is either plagiarized or plagiarised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Well done joyce nice poem and now they're all arguing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Can you spell hypocrite?

Yes, it's spelled like that, thank you for the other corrections also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

haha gimpface..Take that...roflmao
    U learn to spell!!!!! since the mods couldnt change me i really sincerely doubt u could.. SO put up with it or just dont read my ****ing posts retard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

can't argue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Watch me!
    The mods don't have to change you. They politely asked you to change for the betterment of mankind, in particular, the members thereof on this board. If their request is refused in such a manner, the only viable option you leave them with is to ban you until you learn sense/English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Shut up u knob

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

*shrug* he seems to have learnt from Cuan that its always clever to insult/think i''ve given up after unbanning you. I didnt. i gave you a second chance. now you'll be banned whenever and for whatever the hell i feel you deserve it for.

In conclusion:

You. Are. My. Bitch.

<and yes LiamD that IS partly aimed at you - any more abuse and bitchfighting between people will lead to me banning a LOT of people - i'm just plain not in the mood for all this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

Read this slowly all of you.

Shut.

and now comes the hard bit....

up.
    Maybe you need to get a dictionary but this a forum. i.e. a place for people to talk. Stop acting the ****

Watch me!
    The mods don't have to change you. They politely asked you to change for the betterment of mankind, in particular, the members thereof on this board. If their request is refused in such a manner, the only viable option you leave them with is to ban you until you learn sense/English.
    Personally I think it's similar to visiting a different culture - you observe local traditions. Here the tradition is to form proper sentances that can be read easily. Yes, we know it is acceptable to write utter gibberish on other bulletin boards, but it is not here. Please adhere to local customs and by(e)-laws*

*Translation: Conform or be crushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

SeanOM wrote:
    Maybe you need to get a dictionary but this a forum. i.e. a place for people to talk. Stop acting the ****
    Maybe you need eyes, but thats a forum moderator. Crash here, is 50% of how talking is permitted. If he were not here to keep the peace, the forum would degrade into spam and ****e, then get closed faster than a cheetah on amphetamines.If you want to talk, feel free. That is in fact, as you so cleverly pointed out what the forum is for. Just speak english, then everyone's happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And talk without stupidity or hostility. And to "LiamD", I'm the last person you want to piss off at the moment. Neil is the second last.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement