Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other DNS servers

• 20-08-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some other DNS servers i could use. The ones IBB supplied me with aren't updating. I've been trying to get to a site (which recently changed IP) and i keep getting "Your DNS has not updated yet" when i open the site. Argh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

194.145.128.1 is one of IOL/Esats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

are eircom net's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Grand thanks, i threw in teh esat one, and it worked fine for about 20 mins. I was browsng the site, posting comments etc, then the esat one gave me the same problem :mad:

Ill put both eircom ones in, ad see what happens now.

EDIT: Can anyone access www.sharingthegroove.org?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Esat Business Line

Your DNS has not updated yet
    Try tracker.sharingthegroove.org for now

tbh generally if your wbesite hasn't filtered out to all the DNS servers you will not get a error page like above, it seems more like something wrong with the webserver then your ISP's dns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

EDIT: Can anyone access www.sharingthegroove.org?

Me thinks something is a miss. The name servers for sharingthegroove.org are reportedly ns1.theplanet.com and ns2.theplanet.com. Both return 69.93.172.52 for each of sharingthegroove.org, www.sharingthegroove.org and tracker.sharingthegroove.org. Presumably the apache server at that address, is not configured properly, or someone has made the changes to theplanet's name servers.

.cg

• Advertisement
Advertisement