Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Feedback

Options
  • 20-08-2004 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Right its still in development so some of the information on the towns / counties may be dodgy as it hasnt been checked but give me your feedback anyway

RoadTripIreland.com

enjoy :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It would be a good idea to think about whitespace. Start seperating page items using whitespace; it'll make the site look a lot better really quickly. Use some padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

• Waaaayyy too cluttered
    • Navigation within a county isn't very clear (the distinction between county and towns in that county I mean)
    • Google ads should be coloured to fit in better, also consider putting them across the page, as they drag the page on pages with only a small bit of content.
    • The transition between the main banner graphic and the menu in the top right is a bit clunky.

Apart from that, nice site, nice layout, graphics, and colour (except maybe for the pink :) ). Personally, I don't use fee-based listings (as, by definition, they're always biased), but once you build up content a bit, it should be a useful site.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Yea the way the tables were laid out makes it tricky to put in padding and free some elements up so it looks less cluttered. Ill have to redo the table layout again.

Im working on breadcrumbs to make it easier to navigate through the site so that should help.

Main banner is being changed, we are looking for a site logo or icon if anyone has any ideas ?

Google ads were only added recently as a sort of test before the site goes "live" so to speak so ill be sorting those shortly.

Anymore feedback guys its much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I quite like the main banner logo! At least I like the idea of it, its nice and soft, easy on the eye. I guess, it does lack any sort of branding, if you're planning on that. The idea of the merged photos is nice though. Easy changes to the table layout might be to throw in a <br/> betweem the various menus, and maybe a nested table or div to add some padding to the content area, neither of which should require any layout changes.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Hmm.. just a few quick points, because I haven't really gone through it.

Consider going CSS tableless - the layout should be acheivable and you won't have to worry about table quirks when adding things like padding then (of course, then you'll have to deal with CSS quirks, but at least you're learning a skill for the future then ;) )

The top right of the page looks a little off. Consider moving your right column up into the space indicated in the attachment.

• Advertisement

Yip sorry when i said the banner was getting changed i meant that blue square in the top right is getting removed and we should be placing adverts along there instead. The long banner at the top might change a little.

Branding is what i had in mind, some kind of Logo to help people remember the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Im using Opera 7.53

First thing is the white space on the right side its about 25% of the page, the lists in pink and blue on the left need tidying up, that vertical line on the left edge serves no purpose The top of the graphic is right on the screen edge.

Content -

Looking at the Waterford page, Reginalds Tower is said to be at the end of the quay, but which end? (hint, east) we don't have an opera house but we have Irelands finest Victorian Theatre (the Theatre Royal) Tramore Beach is 3 miles long not two, Dungarvan and Lismore are both described at "the market town". Dungarvan is Waterfords county captial while Lismore is a heritage village there is no way you'd hire a yacht in Lismore it being 20 miles from the coast! Passage East lies east of Waterford city NOT west.
    Passage East lies west of Waterford City. It is known as the market town. It is full of ancient history dating back to the Stone Age. With the presence of many castles and caves make for great adventures and photo shoots. Along with plenty of site seeing Passage East is becoming a modern town full of shops and markets. Passage East also lies on the coast and offers everyone the chance to enjoy the sea. Yacht hiring and fishing are common. Passage East is a great place to relax in and offers many places to stay and enjoy yourself.

Eh? Are you place desciptions all generic? Passage is a tiny village with none of the above except fishing and the important Passage East ferry to
    Ballyhack in Wexford.

Mike.

oh god,

Right ive sorted those i think. As i said i have to check over the content before the site goes active, looks like ill have to go through it line by line now.

Advertisement