Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avp

• 20-08-2004 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Should i go to see this movie?

I have heard bad things but am such a fan that i want to see it. The biggest put off for me is the fact that it got a PG rating. So that is two classic sci fi movies both of which were rated 18 and they mix them together and what do they get... a PG!!!

I also heard that for the alien chest burster scenes the camera pans away and you just get the idea of what is happening...i mean what is the point?

I want to be as frightened by the aliens as i was all those years ago when i watched Aliens and lost about a week of sleep!

So there you go... debating whether or not to go tonight but more afriad of being disappointed than of face huggers!!

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I am eager to see it myself. But what im hearing is that its turned out to be another hollywood blockbuster action flick, instead of the dark, seathing thriller that die-hard fans were execting. But, what I want to see is a what the title suggest, Aliens Versus the Predator, in otherwords I want to see an alien and a predator bash each others brains out. Nothing more.

If you want gore, you'll have to wait for the DVD. There's literaly 30 minutes of footage that had to be taken out to achieve that pg-13 rating in america. And anderson was pretty pissed off at the fact that he only had 3 weeks to cut it down from a solid R rating, to a pg-13... He says the directors cut will be more gorey..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i want to go see it too. a lot.
    but there's already a thread about it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178314

Advertisement