Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New patch a coming today? ....

Options
  • 16-03-1999 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://update.owo.com/testing.html

Those are supposed to be the new changes. However Necromancy isn't in yet, nor is Alchemy updates.

stealth is changed, although not to how it is mentioned there. I still think they shouldn't of touched it. The only thing keeping me alive. sad.gif

Btw Rev, that UOAM is cool! Btw, did you know that people pay good money for Sextant co-ords to certain locations. That place we bopped by last night got me 2K (sold the sextant location 500gp per person) smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Really ! I've a few other intersting locations. You know you can link them together, so we can track each other.

btw. how did the chest selling go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They have delayed the server patch until tomorrow, and the client patch until the day after afaik. :/

I was playing with UOAM last night. You can rig one person as a server and the rest as clients and it will keep a marker for each person on your map. You don't need UOA at all (thank god!). UOAM is going in for the UO 3rd party software so you'll proberly see it as a valid tool smile.gif

The chests I didn't sell any more, I shoved them all in the secure chest and you can have a shot selling them, although only go out with a couple at a time. I had a fair few people saying "Hey that's cool! Only I have no cash" or "Your selling bone armor for too much" (say "Skeleton containers", they get more intrested that way).

Date: March 16, 1999 at 10:14 am
    In Reply to: Runesabre: Can u clarify what will be in the patch?Pleasent
    Subject: Most things listed in URL.

Alchemy and Necromancy is not actually going in with this update though.

Stealthing has changed from what is listed as well. Instead of it being harder to
    stealth the more people that are around you, there will actually be a passive
    check each time you stealth within 2 tiles of a player. This check checks the
    stealther's Stealth/Dexterity against the other player's Detect Hidden/Intelligence.
    If the stealther fails the check, they are automatically revealed..
    otherwise they stay hidden.

Some of what's in the next Update (needs revised)
    [ http://update.owo.com/testing.html ]

If that was the only change they made it would be ok, kind of even make sense.

• Advertisement

Well the appear if walking through someone is a joke. All a PK'er has to do is stand in a doorway. We will be bringing recall runes with us from now one.

This won't stop house looting, as it is pretty easy to get into a house (assuming your dealing with a thick player).

Btw Venom. I got into two houses (one small and one very large). The small one was easy and Rev even joined me smile.gif I even went back in after we had completly emptied the place (He knew how to make a secure container but not lock anything down) and the guy had gone out to change the locks. He went back into his house to find his house key magically appeared with the words "We don't need no stinkin house key" scrawled on it smile.gif After that it was like fort knox.

As for the other place, despite the two people in the large building (guild hall) knowing full well I was outside I still got in and I would of got in undetected if it weren't for the fact I had lost stamina going in and it meant I stayed in one spot a second too long for them to cop that something was up. Once they detected me I was out in a flash and running for my life smile.gif

Btw Rev, leave a spell book in your hand on the job and it stops you from autodefending. smile.gif

I think they should of left stealth as is. They even killed the "Stealth charge" which saved my life 100% of the time.

God only knows how much of a pain this is going to be sad.gif

It's finally dawned on me. We've got it all wrong, what they want you to do is either play asa tank-mage and pk or if your like us its a different game, anything that might annoy said mages they remove so we can use more 3th pary programs to even the balance, its a open source thing u see.

Advertisement