Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Octocon

Options
  • 20-08-2004 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Ok, octocon is a sci-fi, comics etc. conventoin in Maynooth. Its on october 16th/17th and costs €25 for under-16s, €40 for over
    Just wondering if:

1. Theres a large number of CTYIers who want to go, so we can get a group rate(20+ people cuts off 25% of the cost!)

2. Theres 1 or 2 CTYIers near the centre(Glenroyal Hotel, Straffan Road) who wouldnt mind their homes being invaded

Any replies in this thread, I have to clean out my inbox before I can get PM's

John Bowler: "A comic convention, you know you want it, we're drawn like nerds to a flame!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Dear lord. A convention of interest in Ireland. I do believe hell must have just frozen over.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Take it you're going then?

If you're talking to me - no, probably not. I'm broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

Yo Aonghus (I think) guess who you've enticed to join this forum by the way I may be interested in that comic convention if im able to go. Have been emailin kat and have been keepin in touch wit Sin so you can shut up. It was fun doin mc wit you you nutcase.
    By the way Im not guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

hey aonghus,look at rory.
    hahahahahah! :D
    hi rory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Raphael wrote:
    Ok, octocon is a sci-fi, comics etc. conventoin in Maynooth.

reading this, you'd never guess we went to nerd camp....

"Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con,Be there and be square"
    :D
    O.K im done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

haha, sci-fi convention, star trekkin all the way to kildare! hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You can't talk ana, you were in forbidden planet, 3rd place and sub city
    ColHol wrote:
    haha, sci-fi convention, star trekkin all the way to kildare! hahahahaha
    Your maturity and intelligence never ceases to astound me. Retard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Aonghus, don't be so harsh. At least he's trying to involve himself now without acting the tit.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:

Your maturity and intelligence never ceases to astound me. Retard

Ur a fool! Now i cant post on boards wat i feel coz it might upset u? Get a life, despite wat ya think, u dont own the board, no need to get offensive for no apparent reason!

Raphael wrote:

yeah but the real question is, did i enjoy the experience

Probably..... I avoided two out of those three. Like comics but don't have the money to develop an addiction. *sigh* another addiction.... Wherever would I put it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

Probably..... I avoided two out of those three. Like comics but don't have the money to develop an addiction. *sigh* another addiction.... Wherever would I put it?

Trust me, comic addiction is bad. Very bad. And there's no cure or support groups.

ColHol wrote:
    Ur a fool! Now i cant post on boards wat i feel coz it might upset u? Get a life, despite wat ya think, u dont own the board, no need to get offensive for no apparent reason!

In case you haven't noticed, this isn't a free country, it's the internet. Freedom of speech does NOT apply here, or on any other message board for that matter.

Sunstorm wrote:
    In case you haven't noticed, this isn't a free country, it's the internet. Freedom of speech does NOT apply here, or on any other message board for that matter.
    my mistake, tell me what im allowed say/not allowed say and ill correct it, how foolish of me to think i could actually use my own brain to think, humblest apologies

ColHol wrote:
    my mistake, tell me what im allowed say/not allowed say and ill correct it, how foolish of me to think i could actually use my own brain to think, humblest apologies

Now doesn't that feel better? =D

ColHol wrote:

Since Moderator isn't written under my username, that's not my job. You have a problem with not being allowed to be a gimp, take it up with them. I'm sure they'll be happy to talk with/ban you.

em thanks, i owe ya one

forbidden planet rocks.
    of course ana liked it,me and all my completely non-nerd friends loved it.they have nightmare before christmas and house of a thousand corpses collectibles and its near rhythm records. :D:D:D:D
    ps
    its pretty expensive though.

• Advertisement

damnit guy.. you found me out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Aonghus, don't be so harsh. At least he's trying to involve himself now without acting the tit.
    Without acting the tit? :rolleyes:

yep without acting the tit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

u say hes being a tit and he made one small comment and like 4 people flamed him... when you think about it... whos the bigger tit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I think I should draw attention to the fact it was me who drew attention to the whole Octocon thing at the reunion on the 14th. Unless I'm wrong, (my sincerest apologies if I am) cause I'm not entirely sure who everyone is yet... This is bill, just so you know. WOOO!

If he deserves those four people's flames then him, rather obviously. My point was that he's trying. He didn't succeed in that post but at least he's trying. More than can be said for the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

Are you coming to cork aonghus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

haha

If he deserves those four people's flames then him, rather obviously. My point was that he's trying. He didn't succeed in that post but at least he's trying. More than can be said for the rest of them.

Ya kno , whoever those people were who flamed me technically should recieve a ban without warning according to that thread by crash. Because i stated an opinion and was rewarded with 4 flames, that shouldnt go overlooked should it?

Probably will though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

ColHol wrote:
    Ya kno , whoever those people were who flamed me technically should recieve a ban without warning according to that thread by crash. Because i stated an opinion and was rewarded with 4 flames, that shouldnt go overlooked should it?

Probably will though
    Just because he's a moderator doesn't mean he's fair, or consistent

Advertisement