Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6month FREE BROADBAND (perfectly legal!)

• 20-08-2004 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

i had netsource for 9 months,then i told them to shove their bb up their ....
    so heres what i did in july

1. ring EsatBT get ur 3 month free 512k broadband (or register online)
    2. before ur 3 month end,send the modem back and they disconnect ur line (do this before start of november, to get another 3 month)
    3. get connected to UTV broadband for another 3 month free 512k broadband (or register online) (dont worry they don't care that u already had broadband,their offer ends middle of november,)
    4. after 2.5 month sen ur utv modem back

By this stage itl probably be January/February and hopefully by this time NTL rollout their 1.5Mb broadband for €50 in galway city

anyways im currently doing this in two houses

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Not a ridiculous proposition if NTL also give u 3 months free and free install .

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Won't work I'm afraid. The trials are ultimately controlled by Eircom and tied to the line for the duration of the promotion. See the Ts & Cs:

http://webdev.eircom.net/eircomwholesale/dynamic/pdf/bitpricev1.6mark.pdf

I think Eircom might actually be a little bit offended that you thought they didn't think of this. :)

adam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its retarted scumbags like this who abuse the system that cause promotions like this not to be offfered.
    tbh wiseguy I hope your caught and have to pay back service charges :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea it is annoying when people abuse free offers and ruin it for the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Such a pig.

(Do it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭wiseguy

Won't work I'm afraid. The trials are ultimately controlled by Eircom and tied to the line for the duration of the promotion. See the Ts & Cs:

it does work ive done it, ive been with every adsl provider i can get in galway in the last 2 years
    Its retarted scumbags like this who abuse the system that cause promotions like this not to be offfered.

hey no strings attached

ur jealos u were probably one of the fools who signed up for the eircom crapy 4gb month package and now stuck with 12month contract

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wiseguy wrote:
    ur jealos u were probably one of the fools who signed up for the eircom crapy 4gb month package and now stuck with 12month contract

hehe, rightt if you say so...
    Actually I have Esat Business 1MB (uncapped) for the price of 512K with a 1 Year Contract
    jealous I DON'T have a 16GB cap :D

not really much of a wiseguy are you?
    Why not change your nick to cheapskate its abit more fitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

In fairness, i think the only people he is ripping off is Eircon, becuase they don't charge utv, esat etc for the trial anyway. The cost to esat, utv etc is minimal.

So who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Probably the dumbest thing you can ever do is post about it here, but whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

wiseguy wrote:
    it does work ive done it, ive been with every adsl provider i can get in galway in the last 2 years

No you havent. The 3 month free trial is only available for people whos lines have never been dsl activated before. Eircom flag your line as having being activated after you receive dsl. Hard luck. So unless you have a few lines in your house and are getting the free broadband trial on each of them, you're talking through your arse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Keep it civil please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Repli wrote:
    No you havent. The 3 month free trial is only available for people whos lines have never been dsl activated before. Eircom flag your line as having being activated after you receive dsl. Hard luck. So unless you have a few lines in your house and are getting the free broadband trial on each of them, you're talking through your arse.

Maybe Eircom made a mistake with him? Anything new there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

they can't have made a mistake, the line number is registered, and in order for him to switch provider they have to make a change on the number. ONce the number is activated you can't avail of the promotion and it's outlined in the t's & c's of every operator in the market....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

wiseguy wrote:
    On the free promotion that's only been running for the last two-months odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think its the account they flag, if the line is ceased and a new account number is generated this is cleared, even if it is the same number?

But dont boast on these boards, eircom staff watch this site and ones like it. Also your IP is logged and eircom can just get in contact with the ISP....... Oh wait....

Sean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

sceptre wrote:
    Precisely. Thank you sceptre.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

repli is 100% right, the story of getting different free trials is ********
    once the line is activated at the local exchange thats it. any attempts of applying elesewhere for free bb trials will be futile. don't you think that the very first thing the companies involved in giving free trials would of thought of is this, people ready to take abuse. its even in the adds for free bb if you listen carefully they say for "first timers" as they are well aware of who is and who isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Eircom wholesale are giving a rebate to their customers (IOL, eircom retail, UTV, etc) 3 months after a newly activated line is ordered. They're only giving 1 rebate per line.

These DSL resellers are using this rebate to make a variety of different offers - some of them specify as a term of the contract that the offer only applies to new connections (IOL, for example), some don't have this condition (eircom, for example).

In the case of those companies that don't have a free trial (eircom and digiweb both sign you up to a 12 month contract from day one, but don't charge for the for couple of months - this is not a "free trial") providing the same price for everyone is probably cheaper than trying to manage different prices for old and new lines. But companies like IOL and UTV have actual "free trials", and they lose money on every user that doesn't stay with them after the trial (because they still have to pay eircom the connection charge, and the 3 months connectivity, which costs more than the rebate they get from eircom). They'd lose money on users who aren't eligible for the rebate.

(I can't remember whether the UTV contract specifies this - the IOL contract definitely does say that the "free trial" is only available on lines that have never had DSL, but I don't know how, or if, they check).

repli is 100% right, the story of getting different free trials is ********
    once the line is activated at the local exchange thats it. any attempts of applying elesewhere for free bb trials will be futile. don't you think that the very first thing the companies involved in giving free trials would of thought of is this, people ready to take abuse. its even in the adds for free bb if you listen carefully they say for "first timers" as they are well aware of who is and who isnt

nope as i said at the start of the thread i used to have netsource.

i had trouble connecting to esatbt as netsource blamed eircom for not cloasing my service ports.

ESAT KNOW I ALREADY HAD BROADBAND!!!
    i still got the trial
    But dont boast on these boards, eircom staff watch this site and ones like it.

i dont care im doing this until i can get Cable or Wireless sattelite im my area which would be hopefuly by end of year. then ill tell Esat/UTV/Eircom to shove their ADSL so far up their telephone lines!
    Also your IP is logged and eircom can just get in contact with the ISP....... Oh wait....

my ip is random
    Originally Posted by wiseguy

no i had eircom then netsource (had to pay for their great service) just finishing up with esat next few weeks then im off getting utv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

wiseguy wrote:
    just finishing up with esat next few weeks then im off getting utv
    From the Clicksilver Terms and Conditions 8. This Offer is only available to you if your phone line is not currently, and has never been, enabled with a broadband service (ADSL/DSL).

• Advertisement

From the Clicksilver Terms and Conditions 8. This Offer is only available to you if your phone line is not currently, and has never been, enabled with a broadband service (ADSL/DSL).

esat have the same clause they knew i had broadband before they still let me have the triall
    anyways my voice call were going thru utv for the last 2/3 years (i used to have utvip back in 2002) i had a chat with one of the people from utv bout the trial they said i wouldnt have a prob connecting (unlike my eirscum bills i pay my utv voice calls bills on time)

Anyways u can always say u just bought the house and u didnt know that the house used to be connected to adsl
    Anyways i had netsource as well before i got my esat trial, nothing was said, esat know that i already had ADSL (I told them when i was appliyin that there was no problems with my line as i ALREADY HAD ADSL they said nothing...)

seems to be im not the only one who they let have the trial after already having broadband

wiseguy wrote:
    Anyways u can always say u just bought the house and u didnt know that the house used to be connected to adsl

Indeed.

Dunno what anyone has to lose by trying Wiseguys plan. Do remember that he is only arsedragging until NTL show up :D

What has he to lose apart from €24.20 a month line rental and €50 a month for a decent DSL package , and a 12 month contract that he must buy his ass outta too ?

I'd do what he sez like a shot if I lived in Dublin Bray Galway Waterford (NTL idue within a year max in most of them) or even in Cork and Limerick where there are some stirrings of life deep in the bowels of Chorus ..........or so I am told.

Some of the reactions in here smack of shooting the messenger :D

M

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

People hate to see someone getting something for nothing when everybody else is paying for it.

Natural reaction.

Fair play to him if he pulls it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

couldn't agree more chief...
    good luck to u wiseguy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

wiseguy wrote:
    my ip is random
    ......and that means you can't be traced?
    LOL, I've heard it all now
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Hopefully you get the free trial. I say try to get what you can for free before they start milking you for cash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Muck wrote:
    I'd do what he sez like a shot if I lived in Bray (NTL due within a year max)

NTL BB in Bray in a year? I thought I was keeping up with BB stuff around here, but it seems I've missed something. Any references you can point me towards, Muck?

They are upgrading all their cable areas , is Bray not one such ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

About time someone ripped - off. The Ripper- Offers, especially EirCoN if possible, as they robbed me blind and I will never forgive the Bastar** for that. :cool:

• Advertisement

wiseguy wrote:
    my ip is random
    kin9pin wrote:
    ......and that means you can't be traced?
    LOL, I've heard it all now
    :rolleyes:

I almost split myself laughing when I read that :p
    Funniest thing I've read all day tbh

Wiseguy you certainly have ALOT to learn :)

Advertisement