Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6month FREE BROADBAND (perfectly legal!)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

wiseguy wrote:
    hopefully by this time NTL rollout their 1.5Mb broadband for €45 in galway city

Yeah right.

NTL BB for Galway is at least 18 months out. Don't except anything before March 2006...
    wiseguy wrote:
    anyways im currently doing this in two houses

Hmmm, so it's not just a once off gift....

wiseguy wrote:
    my ip is random

But the system will record whom was using which IP address at the time of your posting. Remember dial-up internet had dymanic IP address as well, and they could still trace IP's to specific phone lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Muck wrote:
    They are upgrading all their cable areas , is Bray not one/QUOTE]

They havent event upgraded all areas for Digitial TV yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭wiseguy

They havent event upgraded all areas for Digitial TV yet.

i already have digital tv from ntl, theres new cable lines laid outside my house all they have to do is flick a switch and install few routers
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wiseguy
    my ip is random

......and that means you can't be traced?
    LOL, I've heard it all now

sure what can they do cut me off???

OH BIG LOSS

its free i have nothing to lose, anyways with proper cable broadband around the corner why should i get locked into a 12 month contract?!. look how far broadband in ireland has come in last 12 months.

IM DONE WITH ADSL
    to be honest whats the difference with having diall up where u have to count the minutes or having broadband where u have to count the bytes???

i/we/evrybody whenever we log on to our adsl have the evil eircom/utv/esat counter counting down our GENEROUS download allowance

P.S. Mods u are welcome to delete this thread, it is geting bitchy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

IOL dont care if you have had Broadband before. They just ask you to get a cancellation number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

wiseguy wrote:
    By this stage itl probably be January/February and hopefully by this time NTL rollout their 1.5Mb broadband for €50 in galway city

linkplzkthx

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

fidel wrote:

Damm..I...*looks down*...I need to change pants now. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You must be a subscriber to ntl's basic tv pack in order to upgrade to ntl's Broadband service.
    With NTL, there's a catch. "Free" is €18 a month.
    Basic tv pack 17 tv channels and a range of FM radio stations €18.00 per month
    Standard Basic TV Install (never connected home) €100.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭manufan

Fair Play to Wiseguy. We live in a Rip off Ireland as it is and there are to many do-gooders condeming him for LEGALLY using the free service for a couple of months and then giving his Modem back. Geez, some people need to get a life.

Is it fair to force people into a 12 month contract where your downloads are capped. I don't think so. The broadband suppliers and ISP's are the real problem in this Country with their poxy contracts. The guy is just using his head and who can blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I doubt you'll be able to get away with it wiseguy - but if you do, good luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LMAO

this has to be the WORST idea ever, it takes bleeding weeks to sign up with broadband as is, never mind ****ing changing providers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Placebo wrote:
    it takes bleeding weeks to sign up with broadband as is, never mind ****ing changing providers !

this was the flaw in his mighty plan i was going to point out. 8 weeks 3 days and still nothing.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

not to put u off, and i am probably completely wrong bout this. but dont isp's keep have to keep a record of who was is using what isp at what time, so even if ur ip changes, they can still say u where using it at this particular time.

is that not how they are catch all these file sharers in the states and now europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭wiseguy

send back my modem 2weeks a go.

Overall DSL Traffic Summary for xxxxx
    This is a summary of all traffic since you first logged in
    First Login Thu Jul 29 12:12:04 2004
    Last Login Tue Oct 12 09:53:03 2004
    Last Login Duration 1440 minutes
    Logins 80
    Offpeak Traffic 29517 minutes
    Peak Traffic 10397 minutes
    Data uploaded 2.70 GB [2894003004 bytes]
    Data downloaded 61.24 GB [65753180797 bytes]
    ----
    60gb for free, god bless IOL

just signed up for another 3 month with utv! had no problems!

to all people who doubted that ill pull it of hope your sickened, my scam works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Its not really a scam, you are just "using" the system.

;)

glad it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

Ripwave wrote:
    (I can't remember whether the UTV contract specifies this - the IOL contract definitely does say that the "free trial" is only available on lines that have never had DSL, but I don't know how, or if, they check).

The UTV T&C's contain this but am sure the FAQ section does also.

wiseguy wrote:
    sure what can they do cut me off???

OH BIG LOSS

its free i have nothing to lose, anyways with proper cable broadband around the corner why should i get locked into a 12 month contract?!. look how far broadband in ireland has come in last 12 months.)

Actually...seeing as you have signed up to a service that states in its T&C's that the free trial is only available to users that have never had broadband and you quite openly state that you have had this...then you can be held to a 12 month contract.

You agreed to this when you signed up for the service irrespective of what ISp you chose :)

Fair play for trying to work the system...but always remember the system can work you better.

Have you been downloading anything you shouldn't be?

Big brother is watching YOU! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I to have been taking part in this scheme. My trial for IOL ended a week ago, so I signed up for Eircoms 2 months, I wouldve picked UTV, but I want the line for gaming.

Im going to actually go with Esat when the eircom trial is over, just need money first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bridigo

wiseguy wrote:
    i dont care im doing this until i can get Cable or Wireless sattelite im my area which would be hopefuly by end of year.

I heard there is a company bringing Satellite broadband out that can work/share with a Sky Minidish (no or little equipment expense) 1MB no limit and competitive with other broadband prices. Forget the name but will find out more. Sounds exciting as terresterial wireless aint very reliable and with this you don't have line rental costs. Anyone else heard about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The biggest problem with satellite BB is that you download from the satellite at high speed from the dish but to upload you have to use a phone line, or a seperate dish. And the pings are normally around 1000ms min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

wiseguy wrote:
    send back my modem 2weeks a go.

Overall DSL Traffic Summary for xxxxx
    This is a summary of all traffic since you first logged in
    First Login Thu Jul 29 12:12:04 2004
    Last Login Tue Oct 12 09:53:03 2004
    Last Login Duration 1440 minutes
    Logins 80
    Offpeak Traffic 29517 minutes
    Peak Traffic 10397 minutes
    Data uploaded 2.70 GB [2894003004 bytes]
    Data downloaded 61.24 GB [65753180797 bytes]
    ----
    60gb for free, god bless IOL

just signed up for another 3 month with utv! had no problems!

Has your account with UTV gone live yet or have you just submitted an application?

Advertisement