Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

StarWars on DVD

• 20-08-2004 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

When oh when will we have the starwars series on dvd. Not the crappy new ones, the ones I remember from olden days. Would love to have it remastered for surround sound.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They're out next month but I think they're the "enhanced" ones where they put in more special effects and changed bits....I prefered the original ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's the current top seller on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

the original ones will never be released on dvd! You can get them off ebay ripped from vhs if you search but there only the same quality as vhs tapes.

The ones being released now on dvd next month are the special edition ones!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Moved to films. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

elvis2002 wrote:
    the original ones will never be released on dvd! You can get them off ebay ripped from vhs if you search but there only the same quality as vhs tapes.

They are mostly Laserdisc rips actually, which are considerably higher quality than VHS. Not sure about digital surround sound though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They have made quite a few silly changes that supposedly link them better with the prequels. Some cringeworthy stuff like gungars appearing and changing darth vaders ghost to the bloke from the prequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

lots of pics of the changes here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Ahh, the special editions are going to be just as good, if not better, the films are great and are always going to stay great, improvments are good in my opinion, they arent changing anything incredibly important.

Advertisement