Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital radio

Options
  • 20-08-2004 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does any one know about digital radio, can you get it in ireland? is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The only DAB digital radio that you can recieve here is overspill from Britian. You can get lots of radio stations in digital free from a sky box or any satellite reciever, not terribly portable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

A report today in Ireland On Sunday says Digital Radio in Ireland will only come up for discussion and policy implementation in 2006. So chances are it will be another couple of years after that by the time any actual broadcasts begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

2006! God I ****ing HATE this country. Good old last in the race Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

John R wrote:
    The only DAB digital radio that you can recieve here is overspill from Britian. You can get lots of radio stations in digital free from a sky box or any satellite reciever, not terribly portable though.

I'm looking for some kind of software that I can do the following::

I have a DVB Pent@net card in my linux server, I want to be able to take radio stations from that e.g. 2FM, BBC, whatever I want or select, from that and convert them into an MP3 stream so that any computer on the network can connect using winamp or similar in the form:: http://server/stream.mp3

Do people know of solutions:????

edit:: Admins please copy or move to any location where this might get most exposure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

deepspeed wrote:
    I'm looking for some kind of software that I can do the following::

I have a DVB Pent@net card in my linux server, I want to be able to take radio stations from that e.g. 2FM, BBC, whatever I want or select, from that and convert them into an MP3 stream so that any computer on the network can connect using winamp or similar in the form:: http://server/stream.mp3

Do people know of solutions:????

edit:: Admins please copy or move to any location where this might get most exposure...

Feed the output into a soundcard and use liveice and icecast to stream as mp3?

• Advertisement
Advertisement