Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ssia

Options
  • 21-08-2004 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Ok im earning some decent money now and want to put some money away for a rainy day. I have a ssia account i havent used much, is there long left in this scheme? Do people think its a good way of saving money, I plan on lodging the maximum per month into it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The SSIA is the best deal in town (with the possible exception of employer-matched pension contributions). Max it out if at all possible (assuming that you have cleared other significant debts first).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kirbdog

Question is what type of ssia to go for. The equity ones should in theory offer a better return. I got a pasting in a global equity fund in the early days but its come around. The deposit account is safe but dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is definitely a good thing to do. You could take a chance on the equities as things do seem to be on the rise. Of course you could just buy some shares anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Flukey wrote:
    Of course you could just buy some shares anyhow.

But you don't get the governments free 25%.

Advertisement