Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting timestamps incorrect

Options
  • 21-08-2004 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

The timestamps on postings seem to be GMT and not DST (GMT +1). I presume this is a simple fix.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The timestamps should be and are GMT. Being DST wouldn't make much sense since it doesn't apply all year around. What is the problem that this is causing for you exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Are your settings in User CP>edit options> Date & Time Options are correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

ecksor wrote:
    The timestamps should be and are GMT. Being DST wouldn't make much sense since it doesn't apply all year around. What is the problem that this is causing for you exactly?

Of course DST with automatic detection makes sense. The problem is that GMT does not reflect the current time in mhy timezone .....

.... however, thanks to John R's tip I now see that the timestamp is settable per user. The actual timestamp is probably stored in GMT and viewable in whatever timezone each user sets. I hadnt realised this - it seems to be new functionality.

So, I'm now set as being in the Ireland timezone with DST set to automatic, and the correct time is showing. I guess many other users will need to make changes like this if they have not already done so, as it doesn't seem to be the default.

Advertisement