Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Tattoo?? Big Mess!!!

Options
  • 21-08-2004 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

right well a girl i work with went into town last week and decided to get a tattoo. she headed into some place called Wild Tattoo or something like that and got a small heart with a tribal design running through it on her hip.
    anyway this girl is only 16 and looks nowhere near 18 but the guy never asked her for I.D. anyway the tattoo was doen on the saturday and by the tuesday there was no scabbing and she was in a lot of pain. she showed it to me and there was obvious signs of infection (ie:the black ink looked yellow) she said she had done everything the guy said to do and was using savlon. anyway i gave her the cream i used on my last tattoo (bepanthen) and she came to me the next day and showed me the tattoo. when she pulled the top of her trousers down there was loads of black and red ink on them and the tattoo looked like it was seeping. the ink looked like goo! (bear in mind this was 4days after she had it done) she has since had to go to the doctor for antibiotics and is waiting for blood tests. the tattoo has cleared up a little....with major scarring.
    has anyone ever heard of this place Wild Tattoo....?? i know she has no comeback on this because she went in there knowing she was underage but surely places like this should be held accountable.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is wild tattoo the one on capel street??

If it is Ive gotten inked there before and never had any problems.

Unfortunately there are no laws over here governing the tattooing of people.Anyone can open a tattoo parlour and start inking people.

A mate of mine runs a shop and has been lobbying the Eastern health board for some sort of inspection and certificate of hygiene etc.but to no avail.
    All they could give him was a certificate to say the autoclave is working 100%.

Did your friend get an Aids test or hepatitis test.If not get her to get one done now.Usually tattoo infections can be caused by the artist pouring unused ink back into the main ink container.Ask if she saw this happening and was a new needle used.

And actually yes she does have a comeback.Since theres no laws regarding this she could take this place to the cleaners by pleading that she saw no signs for age or wasnt asked her age.Its her word against the shops and since shes the one whos scarred then the laws going to look favourably on her.

Just make sure it wasnt something that she did wrong.She says she did everything that was asked of her but TBH Ive seen people get infected from having a bath/go swimming too soon after getting a tattoo done.Even clothes rubbing can irritate a tattoo to the point of infection.

I find it a bit hard to believe that in this day and age that something like this could happen.

Advertisement