Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prsa vs. pension scheme

Options
  • 21-08-2004 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Greeting All,
    this probably has been discussed already at some stage, but I couldn't find anything with the search function.. would appreciate some input on this:

Getting older (muahhhh...) so I guess it's time to start about a pension scheme or prsa. at the moment i have neither (i'm 33, so it's probably time) and my employer does not offer any schemes or plans, so I'm in the research phase.

Got a bit of a shock when I saw how much I should actually be putting away (roughly 10 % of current salary i think),but i guess thats normal.
    Now I'm wondering which one would be better, scheme or prsa. I basically want to be sure that the savings are there in the end, they should not be subject to share prices and suchlike.

Apologies if these questions are somewhat ignorant, as I say I'm just starting to look into this.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You'll find some useful stuff on Askaboutmoney.com - check out the pensions forum & the pensions section of the Guide to Savings & Investments. Watch out for fees/charges on whatever arrangement you put in place. There are 'advisors' out there who will take a big slice of your monthly contribution if you let them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zumpel

sorry, wasn't online for some time now.
    thanks a bunch for your answer, I'll have a look at the site

Advertisement