Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project idea for MS project

Options
  • 21-08-2004 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am scouting for ideas to implement a MS project. This will probably be a one or two person project. I am interested in J2EE, XML and Web Services. I have few ideas but wanted to throw it out here and hope for a much better idea or concept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

What ideas have you got already?

If you post these up then we'd have a better idea of what sort of an idea your looking for ?!?!?

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

A feature-rich, RSS feed reader for mobile devices with advanced options such as:
    • Blogging news items
    • Searching through subscribed channels
    • Subscription to search channels e.g. feedster
    • Synchronisation with online directory

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Maybe some kind of 'recommend a feed' feature. It would look at the feeds you already subscribe to and reccomend feeds that other people who have the same ones subscribe to. You could do a fancy ranking system to go along with it, for example if you subscribe to feedA and so do 100 other people, 60 of them also subscribe to feedB, 40 to feedC. You would then recommend feedB over feedC. You could look up how googles search engine works (or is rumoured to work at least) and try and innovate on that.

I'd imagine for a project like this a large chunk of marks will go for how the information is presented, how easy it is to find what you want and other metadata tasks as opposed to how well you can code the reader

Advertisement