Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Debs.....One Question?

Options
  • 21-08-2004 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

My debs are on in a few days. I have my tux booked, two tickets got and a room in the hotel payed for. I dont have anyone to go with and I wont have anyone for this debs which is so soon. Do you reckon I should go or would I look stupid if I was the only person there without a girl on my arm? (I dont know if I would actually be the only person there without a partner!) HELP!!! :confused:

Comments

Mine were a fe hours ago. I still have not slept. The debs is grand, if you are easy going and have friends whol will have fun you will be grand and have a laugh, you will probably end up dancing with them or other girls from your class anyway when the dj comes on. But get a girl, even if just to make you feel not so nervous for the first few hours. And it is sometimes weird if you are by yourself, but it all depends on who you are and what you are like.
    I am still hung over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

If i was you I wouldn't bother my arse going. I knew guys that when with girls, and they (the girls) wern't seen for the night. They just went with them so that they could just be there. It's just a childish thing really. Go out with a bunch of your mates and get wasted without all that childish crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

If you've got everything paid for/booked then there's no point in just not going - just ask a friend/friend of a friend. The debs are a great night (sometimes a bit over-rated/over-hyped though), and given that you've already paid (probably €100+), you should at least get your moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

You better get onto it smartish if it's on in a few days. Girls take forever sorting out dresses, if it's possible try ask a girl who's already been to a debs - they'll already have a dress ready.

If you can't get a chick don't worry about it. At my debs there were a good few people, guys and girls, that didn't bring a partner. It's no big deal at all, as someone else said you'd never know who brought who after about ten minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

I definately think you should go as its a lot of money to pour down the drain and plus, it will probably be the last time you see alot of your LC year.
    I agree with what David Lynch says that it depends on who you are and what you are like to decide if you want to go alone.
    Call some of your friends and see if they also dont have anyone to go with.Maybe your not the only one in this situation.
    You could also maybe try to get one of your cousins or maybe an old friend 2 go with u. Just tell them theres no strings attached(esp. in the case of a cousin!!....joking ;) ) and they can have a nice free meal. Anyway dont all girls jump at any opportunity to get dolled up??

• Advertisement

Is there alcohol served at the debts now? I know it has changed somewhat through the years. Mine was I think in Feb. of the leaving Cert year & there was a whole bunch of teachers there and no alcohol even for the over 18's. Thats why from my post above that I've had a bad opinion of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

AntiRip wrote:
    Is there alcohol served at the debts now?

What do you actually do at a debs if there's no alcohol and under constant teacher supervision? Seems a bit, um, sh1t and a tad overbearing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I had my Debs 4 years ago and everyone was shìt-faced, most of the teachers were more pissed than the students. I've never heard of a dry debs before.

subway.ie wrote:
    What do you actually do at a debs if there's no alcohol and under constant teacher supervision? Seems a bit, um, sh1t and a tad overbearing to be honest.

Yes, that why I said debs were crap! But now, I guess they've come along way since 1994!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Didnt go to my debs, turned out to be a bitching-fest, had a house-party with a few good mates, was much more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

It would be much more fun if you go without a date! There will be plenty dateless girls there for you to hook up with. Go anyway! You'll have a brill time! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

bring a mate... thats what 2 guys i know did... so they could have more fun and not have 2 worry bout their date!!Brill idea

Advertisement