Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate SIM cards? Is it possible?

Options
  • 21-08-2004 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a duplicate sim card in another phone? e.g. I have a 6210 and carkit all ready factory fitted in me new 5 series and I also have an XDA 2 with O2, Is it possible for me to get a second sim card to fit the carphone running on the same number? If it is, are there restrictions to use i.e only one on at a time etc... Your help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

afaik it is possiable, but only one an be used at a time,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it can be done, but o2 won't do it, unless of course you work for them and are testing some new gadget.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Anyone konw where one might get this done? For experimentation purposes only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

pablo21 wrote:
    Anyone konw where one might get this done? For experimentation purposes only!

Well one could make a clone, but that's illegal init ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Vodafone will be offering a Split sim service in the future. i.e two numbers on the one sim card like you could have a postpaid and a prepaid number on the one sim.

Their are no plans to launch the dual sim service that you are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Feds used to do it with pagers (remember them?) all the time. Every time Wacker Sc*mbag got a msg, so did they.

No reason to assume the same thing doesn't go on with SIM cards.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Yeah it can be done other countries do offer a Dual sim service but only one is active at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Jason bourne can do it.........

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

So what yer saying is... Theoretically, if one had a card read/writer ($25) to go with the software one could have just downloaded theres a fair chance it could work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you might want to take a look at this thread

can't operate cloned SIMs at the same time though as discussed in this thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement