Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know the name of this BOXING movie?

• 21-08-2004 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Can't remember much about it except it was in black & white was probably made during the 1940-50's

The most noteworthy thing about this movie was that it was done in 'real time' (ie the film was 70ish minutes long and 70ish minutes pass during the movie). Same idea that was used in High Noon if I recall correctly?

Anyway, to not much actual boxing takes place in the movie. The star spends his time immediately prior to his fight trying to 'arrange finance' and sorting out his relationship with his g/f before he skips town. Aslo unusually for a boxing movie it donated screen time to the boxers on the undercard.

I checked IMDB and came back with a very likely match called 'Body and Soul (1947)' but none of the synopsis's or reviews seem to make any mention of the 'real time' aspect to the film which makes me believe this might not be the one I'm looking for!

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Comments

Advertisement