Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ding dong Stealth is screwed fa la la la...

Options
  • 18-03-1999 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Yep I was seriously P!ssed off with the stealth the way it is now. Bumped into Rev who was also feeling the same way, in fact wanted to go kill some newbies.

I on the other hand don't want to lose a well worked up character. So we decide to hit a few camps... Stealth is screwed, we both get killed.

At the healers I bump into Wren the unclean. I break the news to him that he won't be coming back in 8 hous but in 40 smile.gif BOY WAS HE ONE ANNOYED GHOST.

Between one thing and another we bump into a senior counsiler (they have a white band). Have a little chat with him regarding Stealth/Rogues and basically how the whole system is screwed towards tank mages. Get this Venom, he said normal warriors are stronger then Tank Mages and OSI are changing it to stop Tank mages being an advantage. Still annoyed but he seemed ok.

Walk back into town ****ed off. We bump into some muppet in the bank who we do the tag team steal (if you steal and pass on the gear the victim doesn't get the stuff back). We got a lovely mask smile.gif and some other bits and bobs.

So anyway while Rev's being harrassed by half the bank I disguise and come back as newbie. I get Rev to snoop me then scream "Thief! get away from me!" then I say "Thief! he stole from me" and hit him with my newbie dagger. The whole bank is "Kill him!!" I tell them I'm not strong enough, so one of them starts healing me and the other gives me a GM Kryss. I kill Rev (he deserved it, dam thieves smile.gif) The person asks for thier weapon back and I do a claude raines.

We come back to the bank a little later and that fool who mask we took his friends are looking for it back. So Rev walks outside town and tells them to hit him first. Meanwhile I've changed to another disguise and pretend to be an innocent bystander. I managed to loot one of the blind for quite a while until I get found out.

We spent the rest of the time telling him to hit me (I was gray) in town. He was spooked and didn't know if he would get guard whacked or not smile.gif so I was perfectly safe. Even left and came back a few more times disguised just so I could take some more bits off him smile.gif

All in all a fun evening. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So does this mean uz are not quitting smile.gif.
    And poor Wren is screwed(damm pks) smile.gif.
    The warrior being stronger than tanks has been in for a while as anatomy gives them an extra amount of damage.In a non magic figth I would get creamed by a pure high level warrior.Its a pity for pure warriors that I dont play in a fair fight smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't know, I still considering quitting. Going to get EverQuest to see what it's like but this change has really screwed us over.

As for the Pure Warrior vs Mage. It's a load of b0llix. All a mage needs is a eval int and the Warrior is screwed unless he drops dex for int, in which case he is no longer a pure warrior. And I'm talking about the sword in hand and bandage warrior (no magic) not the potion guzzling bow switching warrior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well what can I say, I'm still ****ed, and have canceled payment on my card. But must say I had a ball last night, I've about 6 or so ppl out to get me, and guild as well. smile.gif
    Best part was getting that muppet to strip out of town so we could go fisties together smile.gif
    Or the other fool who wanted to kill hobbes but someone had told him the kit fakes stats as well as names etc.

Not to sure if I can make it to the meeting on staurday, gotta get ready to ship my gear home, which I'm doing tomorrow I think.

*AHEM* The KoV are out to get you smile.gif That's the second biggest guild out for the kill. Of course they are looking for some "NPC named" rogue. idiots.

I still can't over that fact those fools never copped on I was stealing while you were asking the other to strip down. Do people not check paperdolls anymore smile.gif

There is another Rogue Protest at 7pm Central, on the Chessie server. Same place.

The streets will run red with Rogue blood.

Is that tonight ?

If so I should be there.

• Advertisement

It's on Saturday as well. Although if they change Stealth soon then it may be cancelled.

This one Venom should like...

As you know they implemented the new changes to stop Blue PK'ers. It is very effective, too effective.

Used correctly you can destroy all rogues and magic users with little skill.

you will also be happy to know that they are shelfing the "Evil" patch. Yep you heard me. Your only chance of killing people and actually getting away with it is gone. So all PK'ers are basically screwed.

Oh yea they messed up Guild wars as well. Try to hit another guild guy in town and he can report you.

This game just gets better and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

[Post deleted]

Damo your not welcome in here. Keep it up and your rights will be revoked. Period.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 19-03-99).]

*Yawn*, Quake's the other door muppet boy.

Advertisement