Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bets available on which Simpsons character is gay

• 21-08-2004 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Paddy Power is offering bets on which Simpsons character will be outed as a homosexual in a forthcoming episode.
    Surely this will be Smithers, no? His price is 5-2. I bet on him.
    I put this here rather than in television because it is about gambling as much as telly.
    BOOM!
    -Mrnuked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I think Smithers is too obvious a choice. Maybe Carl and Lenny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'd say it might be Patty, Marge's sister. The other sister, Selma, has always been interested in men but Patty never showed any interest at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

AntiRip wrote:
    I think Smithers is too obvious a choice. Maybe Carl and Lenny!
    thats who im thinking of aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

whens this episode gonna air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Flanders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Has to be smithers, remember the guy who owned the pawn shop was out with marge, bart and lisa, and smithers saw him and said so this is where you've been or sumtin like that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

My personal opinion is either Mayor Quimby marries Fat Tony, or Otto marries Comic Book Guy (again).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Healio you bizarre little onion.... Mayor Quimby?? :S

I'd say perhaps Patty, Lenny or Karl too.... what are their odds? Smithers is too obvious, and so is Flanders, really (it would ruin his whole god-freak character, and he is known to have good taste in women... Maud Flanders was a fox..;))

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Everybody already knows smithers is gay, it's not him. That would be nothing new.

edit: Milhouse is also gay- theres an episode where a doctor tells Marge and Homer that their son is flamboyantly (or something) gay. But he is looking at Milhouse's file, then realises the mistake.

My guesses again: Flanders (the religion thinng would make a whole episode) or Krusty. I doubt it's mayor quimby, he'll probably be the one allowing gay marriages, thats all he'll do in the episode IMHO.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

snake perhap's? just a thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It would have to be someone the viewers could sympatise with, so I'd say not mayor quimby.
    What are the other odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

barney? maybe willie the groundsman, actually mr burns could be a good bet

Yeah I was thinking it would be funny if Mr Burns and Smithers got together.

I'm gonna bet on Barney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'd bet on bart, he always did sound like a girl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm convinced it'll be Barney or Moe so I've put €10 on both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

never bet against yourself :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I think Barney also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Dont two characters have to be gay so they can get married?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Patty is to come out of the closet according to the official message board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

In the episode with the be sharps.... Barney was the one with the japanese conceptual artist girlfriend so I'm not sure if he'd be gay..... I wouldn't rule out Bart....Lenny and Carl would be funny alright though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

nah i reckon barney is a ladies man ..;p
    however its plainly obvious its the Sea captain, i mean, cmon.. think about it ppl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Its not bart he had the thing with renier wolfcastel's daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭decritic

Has to be Kent Brockman and at 7-1, we're laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think it could be mr burns, the thing about bart is, i dunno if they would have a 10year old kid announce himself as gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Rainier Wolfcastle for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Sideshow Bob isnt an option. boooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Sideshow Bob isnt an option. boooo!
    Didn't they execute him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well remember how a "major" character was going to die - and oh, Boresville, it turns out to be Maude? I imagine the "major" gay character is someone we don't see that often (so we don't annoy the FOX PC brigade too much), someone who is only on screen now and then. Kent Brockman fits this image (we rarely see him outside of the newsroom) and it would make a good story with him trying to contrast with his slick newsman image and all the stereotypical things that the show will pit against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Remember the episode where it went to the future and lisa was president etc. Rod and Todd were obsiously gay as christmas in that one. but i wouldnt bet on it being either of them,
    my money would be on Moe and Barney. What a couple.

ixoy wrote:
    Kent Brockman fits this image (we rarely see him outside of the newsroom) and it would make a good story with him trying to contrast with his slick newsman image and all the stereotypical things that the show will pit against him.
    wasnt he with the weather girl??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'm thinking it's Millhouse. Either him or Patty.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it's not going to be one of the kids. they are only aged 8 - 10. they dont know if they are gay or not at that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

id say its lenny, hes upsessed with carl.

• Advertisement

www.snpp.com reports that it may be patty.
    ?ABF?? - Title Unknown
    In case you didn't notice, Patty had always indeed leaned towards homosexuality at times. In this episode, Patty falls for a local female golf pro. Springfield legalizes gay marriage, and Homer becomes a minister by registering online. This may spell an outing for the love-stricken Patty. However, be on the lookout for a possible twist ending. This episode could be part of the FABF production line, or the next season's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

uum interesting yet again you find some weird site while you are meant to be working!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Surely we'd know by now? Aren't the episodes aired in the states before the UK/Ireland? Remember what happened with the "who shot mr. burns" fiasco, we had americans coming over here betting, cos they knew who it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Elessar wrote:
    Surely we'd know by now? Aren't the episodes aired in the states before the UK/Ireland? Remember what happened with the "who shot mr. burns" fiasco, we had americans coming over here betting, cos they knew who it was.

doubt that will happen again, once its aired in america betting will be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Healio wrote:
    Dont two characters have to be gay so they can get married?
    Yes, it's Patty who turns out to be gay and she falls in love with her tennis coach. I've said this twice before but nobody is listening...

Put your money on Patty. ;)

• Advertisement

the song thrush if ur wrong ur dead :) im gonna put 100 buckers on it

p.s i will find you if your wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I worked for Paddy Power and the Simpsons thing is ALWAYS mentioned in their Training! So stupid. So, so, so stupid. (_8(|) d'oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Krispie wrote:
    the song thrush if ur wrong ur dead :) im gonna put 100 buckers on it
    Hehe... and if I'm right?

The people working in ranelagh, were surprised when I asked to bet on it. They had to call the head office to get the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Right I'm sticking a few quid on it for a laugh!

Do you have a link to the message board where it says it's Patty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Memories a bit hazy on this one, but wasnt there an ep where there was some sort of gay pride parade? It had a float where two people were in a closet, and something like "we're gay,just dont tell mom" wrote on it. You can hear the voices of smithers and patty inside.

And you think Fox will let an 8yr old come out of the closet on one of their shows? Perhaps on Jerry Springer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Tellox wrote:
    Memories a bit hazy on this one, but wasnt there an ep where there was some sort of gay pride parade? It had a float where two people were in a closet, and something like "we're gay,just dont tell mom" wrote on it. You can hear the voices of smithers and patty inside.

And you think Fox will let an 8yr old come out of the closet on one of their shows? Perhaps on Jerry Springer...

Indeed there was...but the Simpson's don't tend to go for the obvious and, IMO, this is too obvious.

Krusty it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

http://hackingthemainframe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44299

?ABF?? - Title Unknown
    In case you didn't notice, Patty had always indeed leaned towards homosexuality at times. In this episode, Patty falls for a local female golf pro. Springfield legalizes gay marriage, and Homer becomes a minister by registering online. This may spell an outing for the love-stricken Patty. However, be on the lookout for a possible twist ending. This episode could be part of the FABF production line, or the next season's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement