Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For the convenience of sexists

• 21-08-2004 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I notice that the sexists on this board are kind of homeless. They wander from subject to subject posting their opinions on the stupidity and inefficiency of women in unrelated threads.

So for their convenience I'm founding this thread, where they can all get together and bitch.... oh, wait, maybe that's the wrong word...

Anyway. A couple of rules before starting. Please leave all rationality outside: no reasoned arguments here, please. This is a thread where sexists can revel in unreasoned emotionalism. And personal anecdotes or friend-of-a-friend stories are preferred, rather than any metered evidence.

OK, boys, go for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Extract from Esther Vilar's "The Manipulated Man"
    The Slave's Happiness.
    The lemon-coloured MG skids across the road and the woman driver brings it to a somewhat uncertain halt. She gets out and finds her front tyre flat. Without wasting a moment she prepares for the repair: she looks towards the passing cars as if expecting somone. Recognising this standard international sign of woman in distress ('weak female let down by male technology'), an estate car draws up. The driver sees what is wrong at a glance and says comfortingly: 'Don't worry. We'll fix that in a jiffy.' To prove his determination, he asks for her jack. He does not ask if she is capable of changing the wheel herself because he knows - she is about thirty, smartly dressed and made-up - that she is not. Since she cannot find her jack, he fetches his own, together with his remaining tools. Five minutes later the job is done and the punctured wheel stowed away in its appropriate place. His hands are covered in oil. She offers him an embroidered handkerchief which he politely refuses; he has a rag for such occasions in his tool box. The woman thanks him profusely, apologising for her 'typically feminine' awkwardness. She might have been there till dusk, she says, had he not stopped. He makes no reply but, as she gets back into the car, gallantly shuts the door for her. Through the wound-down window he advises her to get a new tyre at once and she promises to get her garage man to see to it that very evening. Then she drives off.

As the man collects his tools and goes back to his own car, he wishes he could wash his hands. His shoes - he has been standing in the mud while changing the wheel - are no longer as clean as they should be (he is a sales representative). What is more, he will have to hurry to reach his next customer in time. As he starts the engine he thinks, 'Women! Each is as stupid as the other,' and seriously wonders what she would have done if he had not been there to help. He puts his foot on the accelerator and drives off - faster than usual. There is the delay to make up. After a while he starts to hum quietly to himself. In a way he is feeling happy.

Almost any man would have behaved in the same manner - and so would most women. Without thinking, simply because man is man and women are so different from them, a woman will make use of a man whenever there is an opportunity. What else could the woman have done when her car broke down? She has been taught to get a man to help. Thanks to his knowledge, he was able to change the wheel quickly - and at no cost to herself. True, he ruined his clothes, put his business in jeopardy and endangered his own life by driving too fast afterwards. Had he found something else wrong with her car, however, he would have mended that too. That is what his knowledge of cars is for. Why should a woman learn to mend punctures when the opposite sex (half the world's population) are able and willing to do it for them?

Women let men work for them, think for them and take on their responsibilities - in fact, they exploit them. Yes, since men are strong, intelligent and imaginative, while women are weak, unimaginative and stupid why isn't it men who exploit women?

Could it be that strength, intelligence and imagination are not prerequisites for power but merely qualifications for slavery? Could it be that the world is not being ruled by experts but by things who are not fit for anything else - by women? And if this so, how do women manage it that their victims do not feel themselves cheated and humiliated, but rather believe themselves to be what they are least of all - masters of the universe? How do they, women, manage to instil into men this sense of pride and of superiority which inspires them to ever greater achievements?

Why are women never unmasked? " ( Esther Vilar, Chapter 1, The Manipulated Man [Abelard Schuman, 1971] )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Heh, excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I find the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Sarky wrote:
    I find the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take off your pants and dance around for me?

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

luckat wrote:
    I notice that the sexists on this board are kind of homeless. They wander from subject to subject posting their opinions on the stupidity and inefficiency of women in unrelated threads.

So for their convenience I'm founding this thread, where they can all get together and bitch.... oh, wait, maybe that's the wrong word...

Anyway. A couple of rules before starting. Please leave all rationality outside: no reasoned arguments here, please. This is a thread where sexists can revel in unreasoned emotionalism. And personal anecdotes or friend-of-a-friend stories are preferred, rather than any metered evidence.

OK, boys, go for it.
    You quote the word sexist which is asexual in its meaning and then associate all sexism on these boards with men.
    Pot?
    Kettle?
    BLACK!!!

I for the record am a bastard and pass everone in need of help reguardless of gender :) .Call the aa ffs!. :D

Oh and buy your own fúckin drink ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Ajnag wrote:
    You quote the word sexist which is asexual in its meaning and then associate all sexism on these boards with men.
    Pot?
    Kettle?
    BLACK!!!

I for the record am a bastard and pass everone in need of help reguardless of gender :) .Call the aa ffs!. :D

Oh and buy your own fúckin drink ;)

There's a man who pulls his own...er pints regularly. ;)

Well, it is a thread for *sexists*, Ajnaj!

Get back in the kitchen and make me some babies, dammit!

Only if you'll go out with your bow and arrows and drag home a deer on your shoulders for me, Sarky.

(*not to mention other biological problems)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've never stopped for anybody, ever, mainly because I know how to fix my own problems at the roadside, so karma isn't going to get me. Also, I'm on a bike with a few spanners, so I wouldn't be much use with a flat tyre.

Women know they completely exploit men. Hardcore feminists do the whole "we don't want men" things, when they majority of women don't think like that at all. Lots of hardcore feminists find themselves despised by the majority of their sex, mainly because they *want* to let a man fix their tyre, or repair their blocked drain, or rehang their door, or paint the roof. Women don't like getting their hands dirty. Personally I love fixing stuff. It's one of those things, you're dirty, sweaty, and solving problems. That's the epitomy of our basic evolutionary purpose, and gives you a similarly primal buzz to do it.

Plus women tend to feel like they owe you something for doing it ;)

• Advertisement

luckat wrote:
    Only if you'll go out with your bow and arrows and drag home a deer on your shoulders for me, Sarky.

That sounds too much like cooking to me. You do it. There's some random vacuous sports game on telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The Slave's Happiness.
    **** Insert wishful thinking here ****

That's right sweetie, you keep telling yourself that

*wink**click*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Whilst searching for biographical information on a well known Irish DJ I inadverently stumbled across this image which I have to admit I found rather sexist! After recoving my composure from the initial shock I figured that this thread would be an excellent place to post it for peoples inspection and discussion.

Also as an extention on this idea I suggest that (in an attempt to promote increased understanding between the sexes) that we use this thread as a forum to display examples of what we as men consider to be sexist imagery of women.

However (and I can't emphasise this strongly enough) please understand this this suggestion is purely meant as an avenue to promote understanding and dialogue and should in no way be perverted into an excuse to start yet another one of those awful awful slycedices!

Regards.

Those poor girls - will no man come and change their tyre for them? They must be freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Examination Paper. SEXISM STUDIES
    Time allowed 3 hrs.

Attempt all questions. If you do not know the answer to a particular question attempt to look at someone else's paper by knocking your biro onto the floor and having a shufty while you lean over to retrieve it. You are allowed one visit to the toilet to look at the answers you wrote on the wall yesterday. After ten minutes, request more paper to frighten the other candidates into thinking that you must have written loads. Attempt to introduce the one or two facts you are reasonably sure of into the answers to EVERY question. At 4.30 exactly, everybody cough to make the invigilator jump. With three minutes to go, suddenly realise there are 4 more questions on the back of the page that you haven't spotted. You are going to fail.

Section A (50%)
    1. Explain why the best women's football team in the world wouldn't stand a chance against you and ten of your mates.
    Include in your answer:
    a) Why they are unable to kick a ball straight
    b) What you wouldn't mind doing with them in the bath after the match,
    though.

2. Pamela Anderson's tits are plastic but look good in photographs.
    Compare and contrast the relative merits of plastic and real tits for recreational purposes.

3. It is a long established fact that fat lasses are more grateful for it.
    Outline some of the reasons why this is so, and explain why all feminists are fat, ugly women lovers.

4. Write a critique of any ONE of the following films you have watched at your mates house while his parents were away for the weekend.
    a) Sex Boat
    b) Three Into One Will Go
    c) King Dong
    d) Speared by Zulu Lovers

5.Women drivers, eh? Discuss.

Section B (50%)
    1. Describe an experiment to impress a girl by lighting a fart. What apparatus would you require? What risks would you run in lighting a fart and what are the benefits? Write a balanced chemical equation to describe the reaction that takes place when an eggy fart is lit in a pub with a match.

2. Name something a woman has invented.

3. On average, women live 7 years longer than men yet get their pension 5 years earlier. Explain why this isn't fair, making reference to your lazy old granny who lived to be 100 and your poor granddad who worked 52 years down the pit and died the day before he retired.

4. Argue heatedly over the respective merits of the Lambourghini Diablo and the Ferrari Testarossa without ever having seen, let alone driven, either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Pigman II wrote:
    Whilst searching for biographical information on a well known Irish DJ I inadverently stumbled across this image which I have to admit I found rather sexist!

Sex-y, Pigman, Sex-y.
    It's a simple mistake, really.

flogen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Flukey wrote:
    4. Argue heatedly over the respective merits of the Lambourghini Diablo and the Ferrari Testarossa without ever having seen, let alone driven, either.
    ...or being able to spell them for that matter... :)

adam

Advertisement