Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3200 inbox

Options
  • 21-08-2004 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Ok...when i got into my memory usage menu i see i have loads of free memory, i dont have any java games or anything installed. Why is it that the text message inbox is given such a small percentage of this memory and is there any way to use this free memory tostore all my messages? thanks

Vip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

think if ya use the folders it leaves the in/outbox clearer!!

why'd ya wanna put more than 150 messages in your in/outbox anyway is beyond me?????

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

I dont get 150 mesages i only get about 50!! still not a bad complaint i suppose but would like to store more!!

I'd assume that the phone is storing SMS messages on the SIM card. Most phones do this, and most new SIMs will store about 20 or so messages. My O2 card stores 40, but I got it as a replacement for a dead Esat card. A friend of mine got her O2 card with a new phone and hers only holds 20 messages. However, my O2 SIM is very slow too.

The only way to expand your SMS memory in this case is to get a higher capacity SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

According to Nokia's feature page on the 3200 - "up to 50 maximum sized text messages in addition to SIM card inbox messages" (http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,42727,00.html)

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you only got a bonus pack and have an old SIM, you're only storing about 20 messages on your SIM and the rest on the phone. Still.....70 messages. I have found that maybe once a year I need to store a message, and even then only temporarily. It's a bit like email. You find yourself storing things that seem important at the time, then looking at them 2 months later and thinking, "What the f*ck do I need that for?"

• Advertisement
Advertisement