Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EverQuest: First impressions *bad*

Options
  • 21-03-1999 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Here's what I DONT LIKE about EQ.

1. Patch server is horribly slow. Q2 patch remind you of anything?

2. You have to sit through the intros and 3 splash screens to get into the game every single time.

3. Played for 15 minutes today. No lag until the 15 minute marker then the chat server is gone down. this basically means that no one can access the game. ALL DAY

4. There are level loads like Diablo!! I have a PII 450 with 256K and it still takes the same time as Poxy Diablo (30 secs - 1 min level load).

5. User Interface is poor. If your used to freelook your going to have a hell of a time.

6. It's hard to tell who is an NPC and who's a PC. Also your normally chasing people for ages trying to talk to them, because unless they are looking in your direction you haven't a hope.

7. If you die the level has to reload. also if you are pretty far away and you die you end up back in your starting town which is a byatch.

8. Oh and the license agreement. You have to accept it everytime you play.

9. They have "Famous names" locked out. So you can't pick a name like "Bilbo" or "Lancelot". Hobbes seems to be in that list as well > sad.gif

... I'm actually thinking of returning it. If UO don't fix stealth (I can live with the new suggested changes except the number of steps) then I'll prolly cancel that as well, or just become a tank mage.

Found a great way to further annoy people. Keep peacemaking and stealthing up and robbing all thier loot. I had two guys trying to provoke Orcs on me for doing it, and I kept peacemaking smile.gif Because they provoked them they went gray and a passing Noto PK group whacked the cr@p out of him smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 21-03-99).]

Advertisement