Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live with Eircom's ZyXEL Prestige

• 21-08-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

This has probably been discussed before and if so, I apologise. Anyway, I just got an XBox and want to set up an XBox Live account. The best way, I'm sure, would be to use an Ethernet DSL modem, but I don't have one of those. I subscribed to Eircom's broadband service back in April last year and they gave me a USB ZyXEL Prestige 630. So I'm having difficulty routing the XBox's DSL through my PC, from the USB modem. I have ICS set up and that, and have the XBox connected through a hub, but I keep getting an error about the DNS Addresses. Yet my PC is online and working.

Has anyone here successfully connected their XBox using the same setup as me? Do I need to get an extra router?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

not sure if this will help, i have one pc and a zyxel modem, usb.

microsoft recommended this site http://ics.reddusk.com i think i was, i used all there info cept i rang my isp (utv) for the dns number required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I followed the guide and still got the same DNS Server Not Resolved error. I was hopeful, because that guide was more easy to follow then others I've tryed. Still no result, though. I'm gonna try it with different cables maybe that's the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Nope, still the same..

Edit: I also tryed using Eircom's DNS addresses but still no luck.

For future reference their Primary DNS is 159.134.237.6 and Secondary is 159.134.248.17

Edit #2: Found this on Eircom.net

"Due to the fact that the Xbox has an Ethernet card it needs to connect to an Ethernet modem. eircom only support the Netopia 3341 modem working with the Xbox. However it is possible to connect an Xbox to Live through a usb modem using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) but eircom DO NOT support this. Microsoft do support this and should be contacted for Support on Setting up ICS with the XBOX "

So I'm screwed then? Wonder if I can swap my ZyXEL for a Netopia...

Advertisement