Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetings around the country Before EGM?

Options
  • 21-08-2004 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Anyone in Donegal interested in getting together before the EGM - maybe a couple of hours some evening?

Next week is bad for me (w/c Mon 23rd) but I should be ok the following week.

Post here or PM me if you would be interested.

Martin Harran

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Cork members of the committee would be happy to meet with any members in our area too.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Might be better to start a separate Thread, Adam, in case Cork people ignore Donegal thread :)

Or perhaps rename this thread "Meetings Around the Country" or something similar ?

Martin

Fair point Martin. Mods, could ye do that for us? Whichever you think is better.

Ta,
    adam

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Where in the county will the meeting be held? Letterkenny?

If we went for Ballybofey there's a good chance Paddy20 could make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Topic changed.

Moriarty wrote:
    Topic changed.
    Go raibh maith agat.

byte

Well, Ballybofey would be closer and handier for me too.

BTW, what will be discussed, if the meeting goes ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yep, Ballybofey all the way, and maybe a mention on the 'North West' forum, might be worthwhile ?..

Just my 2cs worth of a suggestion :D

Nice one Martin.

byte wrote:
    Well, Ballybofey would be closer and handier for me too.

BTW, what will be discussed, if the meeting goes ahead?
    No real agenda as such, it would be an informal meeting, following topics spring to mind:
    • Should IOFFL continue as an organisation?
    • If so, where should it focus its energy, what should be its strategy?
    • Any specific issues relevent to Donegal/Northwest. (Anyone from Sligo/Leitrim interested in coming up to a meeting in Donegal or would anyone like to organise a separate meeting?)
    • The committee have said that people can send proxies to the EGM. This meeting could be a chance for someone who can't attend the EGM to give their views and appoint someone to represent those views at the EGM.
    • Anything else related to IOFFL and/or Internet Access in general that people would like to discuss.

OK - to get the ball rolling, I'm going to suggest 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday 31 Aug in Jackson's Hotel, Ballybofey. If there's only a small number (less than half a dozen) then a corner of the lounge should suffice; if there's going to be more than that, then I'm volunteering Paddy20 to use his influence with Barry Jackson to get us a free room :D

Can people wishing to attend please post here or PM me so we can get an idea of numbers - if someone really does want to attend but that's a bad date/time, we could change it but we'd really need to decide over the next couple of days.

Martin Harran

• Advertisement

I've posted a proposal above for a meeting in Donegal.

If we could get any other pre EGM meetings proposed over the next few days, could we email members to see what interest there is?

I don't want to impose further demands on an already busy committee but we know a lot of the members don't frequent Boards and it seems to me that the last newsletter created a major response to the online survey.

Martin

Paddy20 wrote:
    ...maybe a mention on the 'North West' forum, might be worthwhile
    Done !

I wasn't aware of that forum, mind you it's not exactly the busiest on Boards :)

Martin

That should help, goody goody gum drops :cool:

byte

I should have no problems attending on that date (unless heavy snow or rain blocks "The Gap" :)). I'll keep an eye here in case times/dates change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

I can't guarantee that I'll be there but I will try.

Mick.

Good God, where's the multitude of positive replies from grateful Ireland OFFline members and other Internet & Comm's user's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I think most people may have problems finding enough time to go to a pre-egm meeting on top of the egm itself. Naturally the egm itself would take precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Paddy20 wrote:
    Good God, where's the multitude of positive replies from grateful Ireland OFFline members and other Internet & Comm's user's

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

John

Well, for Donegal it looks like - at best - Paddy20, Byte, me with obewan as a maybe.

What do you reckon, guys, any point in going ahead?

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

I think you should anyway if only because a 30 min face to face conversation can cover 30 plus threads here.

Secondly if it's going ahead anyway others may turn up anyway.

My two cents

John

• Advertisement

If at least one other promises to definitelyturn up then I'll be there - can have a meeting with myself at home :)

Martin

As I know very well how indebted I am to the voluntary IrelandOFFline Committee for my current broadband Internet connection and the flat-rate UTVip XL that was made available following a meeting between Dangger and U.TV not so long ago.

Damn the apathy, I will be there. Just look for the little fella with the white hair and beard & specs. Tomorrow Tuesday 31st at 8.00pm in " Jackson's Hotel, Ballybofey, County Donegal."

Health permitting ?.

Paddy20 wrote:
    Damn the apathy, I will be there. Just look for the little fella with the white hair and beard & specs. Tomorrow Tuesday 31st at 8.00pm in " Jackson's Hotel, Ballybofey, County Donegal."
    OK, Paddy I'll be there - see you in the bar at 8:00 p.m. If you want to know what I look like you can see me here - on a good day :)

Anyone else coming?

Martin

byte

I hope to be there but it'll depend on the time I get finished at work (too bloody busy). :(

I hope there is more than just Martin and Paddy going?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I might be able to get there, but don't count on me.

Just to let everyone know that tonight's meeting is going ahead - Jackson's Hotel, Ballybofey at 8:00 p.m.

Paddy20 is unlikely to make it after all but OscarBravo is travelling up from Ballina so there should be at least two of us there - three if Byte can make it.

Anyone else who can come along is more than welcome - you'll find us in the corner of the bar somewhere :)

Martin

byte

Sorry, but I didn't make it to Ballybofey. Didn't get finished work until 7.30, so it was too late to travel from Ballintra after I washed, got fed, etc. :( Hope the meeting went well though.

Paddy20 made it after all so it was him, OscarBravo and myself plus a friend of Paul's who isn't actively involved in IOFFL.

It turned out quite a wide ranging and interesting discussion Over the next couple of days, I'll pull together a summary and agree it with the others which will give the 'North West View' of IOFFL and the things it should be doing.

Martin

byte

Shall you be posting up the summary on the forum? I'd like to read it.

• Advertisement

byte wrote:
    Shall you be posting up the summary on the forum? I'd like to read it.
    Yes :)

Advertisement