Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying foreign currency

Options
  • 21-08-2004 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

on friday i went into the boi in town and wanted to buy 1000 US dollars, they gave me a quote of 831 euros for that. Is there anywhere online i can buy dollars, i found a website that was linked to Ryanair.com, its here Has anyone here ever used that site? anyone any ideas or suggestions? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

for that sort of amount the banks are your best bet. Even if you could buy online, they would still have to courier the cash to you, would eat up any savings.

Ring around all the banks in the golden pages, you may save 10 or 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Make sure they dont give you any $50 or $100 bills as these are very hard to change in shops etc in the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i know, its just for saving account i have over there and some spending so i know the score :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Would using a credit card for those sort of purchases not be a better idea? Get some small change for bits and pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

well its not really a holiday, i have business over there and family, so i go over a few times a year and bring some cash to lodge into my account there. thanks for the suggestions though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just transfer the money by wire or use interpay? If you use interpay I think all they do is charge like 40 dolla and ignore hte exchange rates (I THINK!!) :D

Advertisement