Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Cap...

• 21-08-2004 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    ive just used 15gigs out of my 16gig cap. Now its the 21st and i have only that gig to last me till the start of the new month. Now what happens if i go over?, will they disconnect me til the start of the new month or what?

Nex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭wiseguy

im in the same boat. 15 out of 16 downloaded
    just keep downloading if they suspend the service ring them and tell them that if u dont get reconected they can come and collect the equipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Afaik iol have started to charge for any excess traffic over the cap since the start of august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sweet jesus.
    i think wiseguy is a likely candidate for the first person on my ignore list.

he's "fite teh powa" incarnate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

wiseguy wrote:
    just keep downloading if they suspend the service ring them and tell them that if u dont get reconected they can come and collect the equipment

And I'm sure they'd come and collect it. You're an anonymous customer who's maxed his quota for this month who's ringing up and demanding more bandwith or he'll cancel his service. In this case they're probably agree to a cancellation right away, leaving them without an asinine customer and you without dsl. They win either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

tman wrote:
    sweet jesus.
    i think wiseguy is a likely candidate for the first person on my ignore list.

he's "fite teh powa" incarnate!

i agree, i'd certainly support any decision to ban him off this board

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Triceradon wrote:
    i agree, i'd certainly support any decision to ban him off this board
    I'd also like to subscribe to that idea,
    tbh if a customer phoned me up and demanded that they get something for nothing even though they agreed to our T&C's and they said they'd cancel if I did'ent give it to them I'd let them cancel away all they want.

Companies don't need people like this, there just not worth the hassel
    I have to deal with stupid people like this every day (sigh..)

If you want more bandwidth and your either not prepared to pay the excessive charge or you won't move to a better package then why are you even bothering?
    wiseguy wrote:

hehe as for this comment
    "Yes sir thats no problems, we'll now be charging your account €35 for everry 1GB over the limit, thats sorted now
    Thank you for calling IOL"
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Cabaal wrote:
    your either not prepared to pay the excessive charge or you won't move to a better package then why are you even bothering?
    What better, residential, Esat package would that be :rolleyes:? While I don't agree with wiseguy's way of doing things I would dearly like to get my hands on a better package so that I don't have to keep checking my fucping web calc all the time and worring about getting kicked off; Moriarty are you sure they are charging? If so I may afto scrap this connection and move to a business connection. Jesus the biz ones have a 2yr contact - I think I'll just wait till NTL get of their fat asses and upgrade my area I'm not staying with Esat for two years :( Cabaal what is this choice you speak off?

<edit>after checking with the online line checker it seems as if I can't get Esat biz "DSL is not available for 01*******" Oh the choices!!! they make my head spin - YE RIGHT :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ok in this case unfortunately IOL to not offer a better package but I've heard Netsource do allow such this if you start breaking the cap, as for the Esat Business package I guess I forgot its a 2 year contract as I got it for 1year

None the less it would be interesting to see if IOL/Esat would give you 512K business for €45 a month with 1 year contract if you kept going over the cap and you requested such a upgrade, after all you never know..

<edit>
    The Esat Biz line checker ain't worth ****e tbh
    It still says I can't get DSL even though I have DSL from them
    Your best bet is phone Esat Biz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Well nice and off the point there lads. But nice 1 anyway. Im tryin hard not to dl anythin or even play games often. But i can see it goin over.
    Ta anyway

Nex

Advertisement