Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo

Options
  • 21-08-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anybody help

I have/had a MSi 865PE neo2 mobo and i ran a bios update program from windows by accident. this program is ment to be run off a diskette from dos. when i restarted my pc the bios is gone. My hardware starts up but there is no bios beeps and the os does not start.
    Does anybody know is it possible to buy a new bios chip??
    What can i do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Unlucky man.

You can buy new BIOS chips or you can rescue your old one by hot flashing it.

You will need to borrow a BIOS chip the same as yours off someone.

You can find a guide here.

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=62&var2=0

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If ur board is like mine the bios is most likely soldered to the board which means ur screwed... Same thing happened to me... Twice!!!

Does ur pc try to search ur floppy drive?? If so it should be possible to restore it... otherwise u need a new mobo.

Out of the 5 mobos i've had over the past 6 months my two Asus ones r by far the best when it comes to flashing the bios, never had a single prob with them...

I just use Abit's flash utility for mine. Easiest way of flashing ever.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

I guess ur mobo has not got dual bios? hmm i like it save

No but it can take 6 sata drives and 4 ide :D

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

wow 6 ata's ...plenty of potential for futural expansion!

Advertisement