Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help!

Options
  • 21-08-2004 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a repeat exam on Monday and im absolutely fuc*ed and despertly need some help. Im trying to do some study here and am having little luck. I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL if someone could take a look at the following questions and try answering a few of them. Also if anyone has any links relating to the topic of 'knowlege discovery on data' I would be greatful.

(i) What is data mining! Outline the steps involved in data mining when viewed as a process of knowledge discovery.
    (ii) Explain the term ROLAP in relation to data warehouse technology.
    (iii) Measurements can be classified as: Ratio scale; Nominal scale; Interval scale, Ordinal scale and Categorical scale. Give examples for each of these five types
    (iv) What is pair-wise ranking and when would it be used in a data mining project?
    (v) Explain the difference between the following types of eirors in data: Bias; Noise and Precision
    (vi) In Data Preparation and in particular Filtering Data explain the reason(s) why a data miner would exclude data in a data set?
    (vii) Discuss tlie benefits of doing a m-of-n re-mapping of an alpha variable.
    (viii) Describe two problems thai arise when there are two many dimensions in a data
    (ix) When modeling data, whydo you need both a training dataset and a test dataset?
    (x) What is a self-organizing network?

Thanks
    Screwed Student.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im surprised Google didn't have anything at all on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

kbannon wrote:
    Im surprised Google didn't have anything at all on this

Really?? Did you look?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't need to as Im not the one who obviously did swee-fa during my academic caraeer and started panicking 2 days before a repeat exam.
    However, I did look at google and these are covered! For example
    What is data mining?
    or
    What is a self-organizing network?
    Furthermore, if the OP has an exam on the subject, surely they have notes on same!
    Im not trying to be a snotty wanker here but asking people who spent time learning a subject how to do it because you couldn't be arsed doing it (twice!) says a lot about the OPs priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Damn and i thought i was the only one on boards with a repeat exam today. I had Java. Damn! I could have done something to help yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

What a sh1t test deffently failed that. Only question 1 and 5 came up out of them. Ah well I think I need a year or 10 out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Ah well at least i hope u tried your best! Mine didnt go 2 well either! I just hope we both passed! :)

Advertisement