Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling My Air Guitar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Classic stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

that's great. Are the bidders obliged to buy it if they win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is p&p included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Gordon wrote:
    Is p&p included?

BUYER MUST COLLECT, item would easily become lost in post.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Mind, can he not just aim it in the direction of the buyer and throw it? My memory fails me of the physics of air guitars but I'm pretty sure that they are the exact same weight as air.

Hmmm, maybe to do this one would need to have pre-knowledge of global air currents. Ok I guess my idea fails at this point, collection seems the most sensible way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd like to see how this turns out actually, wheather someone is actually going to collect for the hell of it, maybe a few photos of the hand-over. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm nearly tempted to put our awful Computer Science department up for auction on eBay, I don't want to get the boot though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

ebay wrote:
    ++brand new only used once++

**well looked after by owner**

this is a quality item, i have played some awsome solos on this beast.

Now hold on, this is a bit dodgy. He says it was only used once, but that he played a lot of solos on it. Either he is lying and he has played it loads of times, or on his first try, after a load of solos, he found it there was some problem with it and he is offloading it quickly. I don't know if he can be trusted. I wouldn't buy it. Nevertheless, some bidder is likely to come in with a load of money and blow the competition away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Flukey wrote:
    Now hold on, this is a bit dodgy. He says it was only used once, but that he played a lot of solos on it. Either he is lying and he has played it loads of times, or on his first try, after a load of solos, he found it there was some problem with it and he is offloading it quickly. I don't know if he can be trusted. I wouldn't buy it. Nevertheless, some bidder is likely to come in with a load of money and blow the competition away

Are you saying it might be a hot air guitar?

That is what I was thinking. He doesn't even say what type of air guitar it is. Is it a 6 string or a 12 string? Is it a classical guitar? Can he play Air on a G-String on it?

• Advertisement

Everyone knows that air guitars are 6 string electrics with wireless interface hooked up to a Marshall stack.

Of course, but this guy could be trying it on and selling us a dud. He didn't say what type it was, leaving you to assume it was a standard one. It may look like one in the photo, but that could be borrowed from a friend. All part of his cunning plan to con us. He's no air-head this guy. For all we know, it may even be stolen, so as has already been suggested, it could well be hot air!

Crikes, you could be right, I guess I was won over by the air of confidence he portrayed. How do I undo my bid on eBay?

You've bid? Oh my God!!!! The more I think about this the more suspicious it sounds. How often do you see air guitars being sold on the net? I bet it is stolen and they have a load of others. The cops may be on to them and they can feel a storm brewing. I know it's hard to put the wind up these type of criminals, but this is something they don't want to be caught with. If you have put a bid on, I wouldn't withdraw it. They'll come after you like a tornado. Your life could be in danger. They may even have air guns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Item location: Liverpool

it's definately 'hot', i don't know if anybody else noticed, but he's from liverpool. ;) i don't think there's a single thing in liverpool thats still with the original owner. :D

I'm sure I'll be outbidded pretty quickly.

Well if people cop on to what is going on, there might not be any more bids. You might breeze through to win the auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

im sure this was done before and probably more than once
    move along nothing to see here

No sign of Gordon. Maybe they blew him away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I bid some peace of mind if ebay let me.

• Advertisement

Now that is a high bid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hey, look at the picture, that's not an air guitar, that's an air bass.
    it's too late, bidding's over. Well £1.70's still good for an air bass.

Sold for a rock bottom price.

Advertisement