Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's headin' to tipp' for the fleadh?

Options
  • 21-08-2004 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

are any of youse going to fleadh cheoil na hÉireann this year? I am and I can't wait it's goin' to be deadly!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

seeing as i live there, i probably* will be there.

* definatly. i cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

jasus ive never even heard of this :) was coming on to find some pubs in dublin that do trad music cause all i hear is cd's or that sh*te they play in templebar for the americans :)

Now get all your slaggings ready for the ignorant dub :) but whats the story with this? is it one big thing or do you pay into different ones or is it just a free for all thing? Im guessing since its this weekend theres not a chance to get a hotel room so if we were driving would there be places just to leave the car and walk in and sleep in the car r tent r something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

It started Suunday and ends next Sunday/Monday. Live trad music on the streets and in the pubs. In other words its a big festival. You dont pay an entry fee into pubs or to gain access to the streets. Thousands of people are expected from thursday on. Good craic all round. As for accomodation I'd say most places are booked out but if your willing to sleep in your car, your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

you can camp that's the best way , places have benn booked out for hotels/bnb's since last year

check this out
    http://www.clonmelfleadh.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yippeeeee Da Fleadh!! Cant wait for those good nites out!! ;) I'm in Clonmel at the mo anyhow. See y'all there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 astraphie

went up to clonmel last night to hear some good trad music and it was pure sh*te. All i saw was drunkards lying round the streets and smashed bottles. Waited 20 mins to get into a pub to find out there was no session in there. Ended up goin home thoroughly disgruntled!! I'm thinkin about givin it another chance tomorrow night but i dunno if i'll be expectin much :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

ah 'twas a good weekend. The music was good(although sometimes you had to go look for it). There was apparently 30 people arrested there though, all of whom were locals.

Advertisement