Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 euro for 500 points

Options
  • 21-08-2004 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, I know that maynooth offers students that get 500 points and go there 1000 euro. Do any other colleges do this? what about UCD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

I think thats the grant system...I think its in all the NUI universities.
    It all depends on what course you apply to.
    Im only aware of the grants for UCD.
    For example if you get 550pts and you do science in UCD you get 1300 euro
    Engineering is 560 or 580, cant remember.
    And for vetinary and medicine its around 600.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

You get it for five hundred points as well.

And afaik, you get reserved accomodation too...or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

what university is that for jesjes? i'm only interested in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yeah, UCD does this too, they're entrance scholarships, but the points threshold varies between faculties. for example, the cut off for arts is something like 530 points. i think the scholarship includes around €1000, and you also get prioritised on campus acommodation.

http://www.ucd.ie/admiss/html/courses/scholarships.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yep get over 550 points for Science in UCD and get €1300 and first choice in on campus accomadation. Arts is lower, about 500 I think. I got one 2 years ago. It's great because unlike the county council grant you get it all at once in october or november.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Anyone know what its like for UCC?
    I need some incentive because the points for the course I want are well reachable and need something to make me reach my full potential :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gillzer

Well feck that anyway! I never heard of dat before! And i got 490 points, 10 off the mark. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

I've heard about this in maynooth before but didn't realise there were scholarships in UCD aswell! I got offered architecture in UCD- delighted! Anyone else on the boards doing architecture?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, UCD gives them. :)
    I got one 2 years ago. Anyone going into science with over 550 points gets one.
    That 1300 euro comes in very useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

cole9 wrote:
    Hi, I know that maynooth offers students that get 500 points and go there 1000 euro. Do any other colleges do this? what about UCD

DIT are doing this aswell for a few courses, if you get 500+

• Advertisement
Advertisement