Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Driving Lessons

• 21-08-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering who's the best/cheapest driving school to go with for lessons? Need to get some lessons done pretty soon before the end of summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I'm taking lessons with the RAC at the moment. They are pretty good I have to say. The deal is 5 lessons for €150 but when you sign up for the first time they give you one free lesson so thats 6 for €150.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I found this guy to be pretty good.................Academy of Motoring-Castle 66 Templeroan ave, Rathfarnham, 16
    (01) 4930402

I think I got 10 lessons for €230, but that was a deal he had around Oct 2003.

Goldenpages.ie has a few others that you could contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ok the cheapest isn't always best

if you get 25 lessons from a DIR registered instructor you are entitled to a years no claims bouns (20% roughly)

25 might sound alot but if you are a young driver you can actually save money

I took 25 for 30euro each = 750
    but got a discount of nearly 600euro, so I got 25 for 150
    (and the bonus is carried on year to year I've been told)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I'm getting the 25 lessons with this guy (DIR registered). You get a signed cert for the discount, but I don't know if all insurance companies will give you the discount? You get to drive some cool mini's too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Airport School of Driving... Highly recomended, Passed my driving test after two lessons and im currently taking my C licence lessons with them. For C, EC and D licence they cant be beaten. Best range of vehicles out there..

• Advertisement
Advertisement