Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming 7250i

Options
  • 21-08-2004 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I was out fri night and lost my 7250i needless to say I was quite upset by this but I'm ok now!!

anyway I'm goin to go through my phone cover (obviously) for a new one but a few friends said I couldn't just say I lost it as that'd be neglejence (sorry I can't spell that word) on my part and my insurance would be invalid so any ideas on this would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance for all help I get!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

your phone cover should cover loss of any kind. You'll have to pay a certin amount towards your new phone, i think its about €35...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

ya it is €35 but I'm unsure as to the conditions of it
    I.E. I wasn't really minding it so it's lost now!!

Will they be very meticulous about the exact circumstances of the loss of the phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

on my insurance (meteor one) they say that if i lose/theft of the phone happens i must...

contact cops within 24hours.
    contact insurance company within 48hours.
    contact meteor within 48hours.

Cr3m0 wrote:
    on my insurance (meteor one) they say that if i lose/theft of the phone happens i must...

contact cops within 24hours.
    contact insurance company within 48hours.
    contact meteor within 48hours.

done 2 out of 3 there!!!!
    contacted cops and they stamped a blank form!!
    contacted 02 and they said to get onto insurance who are closed till 9 nomday mornin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

They stamped a blank form?????? When I was claiming I handed it in blank and he told me to fill it out first and started telling me of all the tribunals and that he doesn't want to be part of that

• Advertisement

I've an honest face!!

they know me my brothers and my dad well!!

it's a "local" countryside garda station!!

what more can I say??

Axel wrote:
    your phone cover should cover loss of any kind. You'll have to pay a certin amount towards your new phone, i think its about €35...

d day is tomorrow so I need any ideas for a decent excuse for losing it!!!

please help!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

How did ya get on in claiming the phone, did ya get one or what?

Skyuser wrote:
    How did ya get on in claiming the phone, did ya get one or what?

been up to my eyes the last week but no is the answer really I've been approved a new phone and all was supposed to have it last week but still no phone!! rang on thursday and the chap (who's been very helpful) said that I'll deffo have it today (bein thursday) so fingers crossed!!

the helpful chap even explained to me how to put down on the form more clearly what happened and that to my best efforts I still cant find the phone!!

got the option of the 6820 for €49, the 6610i for €59 or the amazing 6230 for a whopping €249 so I went with the 6610i as it's basically the same as the 7250 only a better camera!!

was also offered some sonyerricsson but wasn't anythin I liked and was dearer than 6610i!! I like the nokias better!!

so anyway I'll let ya know how I get on "today" later thing....

still no joy!!

have to wait till next thursday now before I have a phone and they're not sure now if they'll have a phone for me then even!!

large demand on that model is whats takin so long they said!! but I was promised it'd be ere last thursday and still no show!!

I'm a bit fed up of their 24 hour turn around!!

what a joke!!!!

• Advertisement

got a call yesterday off eagle star/02 phonecover and the very nice chap told me they'd have my phone today and it'll be out to me tomorrow!!!

yeah right I'll believe it when I see it!!

it will be saturday now so they tell me!!

YAY!!!!!!

finally got it!!!

no more than 5 mins ago!!

camera seems great!!

now anyone wanna buy a 7250i??

I got it off ebay while I was waitin and is costin me bout €150 so that's what I want for it!!

Advertisement