Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF42....what now??

Options
  • 21-08-2004 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ok..I've got my hands on BF1942...what do I need to do to get playing multiplayer???..

Does it have to be patched first??...

Does All_Seeing_Eye (is that what it's called??) work with it...

Best servers for 56k??....I know I know....broadband will be along soon....finances permitting...

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I wouldn't know since I don't have it but the nice lads in the "Battlefield" forum would be glad to help you I'm sure of it try posting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

have a look

at the forum

at the latest updates

and the servers

few people play vanilla 1942 at the moment its Desert Combat( a free mod for 1942),

Alot of people playing a different game too Battlefiled vietnam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭TemplarBarna

Thanks folks..

The latest update is 267mb!!!....How the hell am I going to get that onto my pc with a 56k download...I'd have to be connected for a week....

I usually download stuff in work (super fast) onto my usb drive, but that's only 128mb....:-(.....

Tell me this....if I bought it in a shop now...would it be the most up-to-date version????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No, patches aren't included, you'd have to download it. I'm sure some people on the battlefield forum could help you out with a CD-R if you're nice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well you could use the File Exchange forum to get someone to download it for you.

But if it's unlimited 56k, then 256Mb isn't that much really.

Even at 30Mb an hour and downloading for 8 hours at 60cents an hour...it's not that much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its not going to be very playable on 56k anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It is playable on 56k.
    Pm your addy and I'll send you a disc with the updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭TemplarBarna

Excellent..PM sent...Thanks!...

Advertisement