Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this weeks CL coverage

• 22-08-2004 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

i've looked through the listings for terrestrial channels and the only match shown is united on ITV, very disappointing
    liverpool get relegated to ITV2, who has that? :rolleyes:
    and shelbourne get nothing at all

i'm disappointed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

RTE dont publish their schedule until 2 days before hand so it may be on RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Don't worry I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that they'll show it. If they were playing some Eastern european time then that might complicate things but this is of course not the case and as N2 have olympic coverage from dawn til dusk it isn't exactly going to be difficult to fit it into the schdedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

come on Shels !!! send the spanish packing :D

It will be on RTE for sure;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

TV3 may show the Liverpool game,somethimes the deal is not done ontill a day or two before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV3 showed the first Liverpool leg so I expect they'll show the second which means more Frank Stapelton. Hooray. :(

Mike.

• Advertisement

No not more of Frank "the plank" Stapelton.The things we have to put up with to watch football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hopefully they will make the schedule changes, but why do they leave it so late?

RTE dont release shedules to the internet as it affects sales of the RTE Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nuttzz wrote:
    RTE dont release shedules to the internet as it affects sales of the RTE Guide

what are you on about?
    i have schedules for RTÉ up until the 4th September

www.digiguide.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what are you on about?
    i have schedules for RTÉ up until the 4th September

www.digiguide.com

Those schedules are always susceptible to changes with every new build.

After all digiguide didn't have the fist leg of Shels v Depor listed either until the day before the game itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they update it as soon as RTÉ release the updated schedule

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, I'll watch it on ITV2, it's the only thing thatll be worth watching on that channel, unless ya like numerous repeats of soaps and Jerry Springer :rolleyes:

Mossy Monk wrote:
    they update it as soon as RTÉ release the updated schedule
    which is 2 days beforehand :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

As far as i know TV3 are showing the United game aswell, but RTE havent announced anything yet about Shels v. Deportivo.
    Sky are showing C.Palace vs Chelsea on tuesday and Newcastle vs. Norwich on Wednesday.

judging by the listing on the tv3 site
    19:25 - Coronation Street
    22:25 - Will And Grace
    they will be showing the united match, but for some reason didn't want to mention it
    that or its another special extended edition of coronation street for those that dont like football
    however, there is nothing like that for tuesday so no liverpool match, it looks like
    one thing i really hate is seeing the first leg of a tie but not seeing the second because its not televised (on a channel i have)

Only in Ireland would you get a TV station only showing Half a match....what kind of clowns are running TV3. :rolleyes: They really dont have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ads on TV say TV3 have full coverage but starts at 7.55.....5 mins match build up which is good because they will prob have Packie on!!! :rolleyes:

Ads on TV say TV3 have full coverage but starts at 7.55.....5 mins match build up which is good because they will prob have Packie on!!! :rolleyes:

which match?

dub, to be fair, channel 5 in the uk are as bad as tv3
    last season in the uefa cup they showed the first leg of a liverpool game and showed the second leg of a newcastle game, if i remember right
    fair enough you might say, but was still annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

RTÉ have confirmed the inevitable, they'll be showing the Depor match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what about ch5?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

eyerer wrote:
    which match?

dub, to be fair, channel 5 in the uk are as bad as tv3
    last season in the uefa cup they showed the first leg of a liverpool game and showed the second leg of a newcastle game, if i remember right
    fair enough you might say, but was still annoying

Sorry MOnday morning....Utd game....never mentioned Liverpool which wud suggest they wint showing it....last time they had one long ad sayin both games wud be on but just mentioned Utd game tis time

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Liverpool game is on ITV2.
    Man Utd game is on ITV1 and TV3 according to knplogic.co.uk

TV3 are not showing the Liverpool game,The excuse is that they bought the first leg from the host broadcaster and can't get the rights for the second....that's despite the fact that Granada owns most of the company!

lol, good one
    we couldn't get the rights....from ourselves

Advertisement