Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem: Options reset

Options
  • 22-08-2004 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I get the feeling that this problem has happened to many if not all users.

Some time last night my options were reset, ie I see no avatars, signatures, images, private messaging is switched off and my invisible mode is also switched off. No problem for me to change although I tried pming a couple of people that I know have pm's switched on and they seem to have theirs switched off too.

Did something happen last night concerning little elves and pixies wrt the server?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah happened to me also.

Not a huge probelm to change back though.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

same for me as well, although I think the options may have been reset for sometime as I haven't got any e-mails saying I've got PM's in some time :confused:

Yup here too
    I see the sigs are back for those that went into their options and turned them back on.
    Is mine back?
    Ah yes there it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ah yes there it is...

I can't see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

wtf?

Same here, alles ist kaputt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Also me, but mine was working fine this morning now its reset.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Weird, now that you mention it, I dont see sigs either. Wonder what happened last night? Ecksor, Regi... any ideas?

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

wierd, there seems to be some kind of thing happening with the member list too, maybe its related?
    If you look at the list, and have it listed according to reputation, there are loads of names missing. My name wasn't there, then I re-activated sigs and so on, and now it is...
    Is this something to do with having a karma de-activate option?

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Also, the clock seems to be set back an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

happened to me too....can a mass reset be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

same here.

Axel wrote:

Not a huge probelm to change back though.....:)

Actually i take that back. Cant send PMs to people that havn't realised what happened.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

same here for me. What has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Same problem here, How long are we looking at for this to be fixed?

Same problem here, How long are we looking at for this to be fixed?

You can fix it yourself, through the User CP......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

maybe a post in after hours telling people to turn them back on etc. Or turn them all back on if you can do a mass jobbie on it if thats possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I wuz worried till I read this thread. Better do a global turn on of PM , admin emails and email notification of PMs .

M

Finally normality returns! I can see it all again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I only just noticed when I went to send a PM cos last one wasn't answered. My PM's were switched off as were the person I was PM-ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Maybe this is an unrelated problem, but access to all private boards that I had access to until this afternoon has now disappeared.

The gremlins appear to be having fun today.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moriarty wrote:
    Maybe this is an unrelated problem, but access to all private boards that I had access to until this afternoon has now disappeared.

Yeah it would appear that the access masks for private forums have been reset to default.
    Access masks for public forums are still intact though....

Moriarty wrote:

Same here...did anyone give them food, water and bright lights sometime between midnight and this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was in a different timezone, I thought that would be ok... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is it just me or is every thread I'm replying to now becoming a "subscribed" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's another option Gordon.....god you're such a n00b :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right, I dropped the wrong option, thanks!

Now, when I figure out how to do it I'm banning you from boards you rascalian.

Advertisement