Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden slowing

• 22-08-2004 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

My IBB connection has a way of being very fast at times and then at other times being as slow as dial-up.

Am I being paranoid when I wonder if it's possible that some little h4kr d00d is reassigning bandwidth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

welcome to my world.

Over the last few weeks, there have been a few times where my P2P traffic has been severely limited (down to 5kb/sec). But HTTP and FTP traffic is still full speed. I'm unhappy with that, but it hasn't made a huge impact on me yet, but if it ever becomes a serious problem, i'll be bitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

No, this hits everything - which currently for me mostly means web and email. Last night a friend was over; he lives in Londan and there has ADSL. He was downloading a silly clip of George Bush and John Kerry singing "This Land Is Your Land, This Land Is My Land". He said at home it took him 28 seconds. Here, it took something like 15 minutes.

Advertisement