Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my car got burnt out last night

• 22-08-2004 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

My car was burnt to the ground by the some friendly local scum last night. im so upset, it hasnt seemed to register with me.

also i only have myself to blame, i shouldnt have parked it at a dart station anyway. and then i didnt end up drinking, so i couldve just driven anyway.

it was the best car, his name was Herb, he's been my life for the past three years. he had dancing rabbits on the dash and 2 year old tinsel stylishly entwining everything. he even had his own name on the dash, aka, the 'herb' sign things you stick into the soil beside your plant. plus E200 worth of CDs, a painting that took me two months to do, rosary beads from croatia that my late granny gave me.

i just got him a new handsfree set, which wasnt really working, but looked groovy so i left it there.

has this happend to anyone else?

im too upset to even type straight, can people please reassure me that its just 'stuff' and ill get over it.

it was so distressing when i found him, i kept thinking it couldnt be my car. i cant believe that people would be so MEAN to do this. they probably saw my pink feather boa's and pink rabbits and thought it would be funny.

a friend said they probably found they couldnt steal it (type of car i have is unrobbable) so they burnt it instead. not before they ripped my painting in half and left it sitting neatly on what remained of one of the seats. which makes me sick because they mustve come back after the fire brigade had been and put it there.

i feel sick and shaky, i cant believe im so upset of a car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Resists to call people to arms and burn the nacks.
    Really sorry Grape. Which Dart station was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

sigh, it was in killiney dart station. killiney, of all places, ten minutes down from my house but oh no, i had to insist on driving down.

ballybrack scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

:-( Chin up, silent grape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Silent, I've been warned not to park my car at Killiney Dart station, but instead to park it in the hotel opposite; apparently it's a favourite target of jealous car destroyers.

Think of these people as pathetic, wanting types - they haven't got the get-up-and-go to earn themselves the money to buy a car, so they destroy those that others have worked hard to get. Particularly telling is the fact that they ripped up your painting.

The horrible thing is that you'll now always be looking over your shoulder; you'll probably never put an original CD in a car, but will always have copies instead; you'll always think about whether this is "a safe place to park" before leaving your car anywhere.

Why have we let our country become like this? Murders every day, car theft and vandalism and destruction and hate.

And how do people react? Usually with more hate: "I'll teach those little ***s a lesson" - which only increases the nastiness quotient.

I'm sick for you. But you'll get another car, other CDs. You'll get the money from the insurance to replace your car. You're able to make more paintings. You may not have the necklace your granny gave you, but the love she gave you is always there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I'm sickened by this. Silent Grape don't give them their sick satisfaction. Tearing up the painting was probably meant to upset you - just don't let them - you have lost somethings most of which can be replaced... and those that can't you still have the good memories of your gran.

These sick ****ers probably don't have any good memories - and never knew love from anyone. But I don't expect you to pity them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

****ing scum, they should all be shot. sorry to hear about your car man.... :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

"ballybrack scum."

you know what they say, even hitler had a mother....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I do believe SG is a chick.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

Sorry to hear about your car being burnt out. I'm from Ballybrack and I'll tell you one thing: Most of the ****ers in my area will either burn or steal anything that's not nailed down. Actually, if it's nailed down, the nails will also be stolen.
    Although, in all fairness, Killiney train station is a lonely place, especially if it's at night, and the scumbags do love drinking and probably shooting up on the beach. And that's not being biased.

Oh, and I may be from Ballybrack, but by gods I wish I wasn't whenever I hear stories like that. My brother's friend was selling his motorbike, and this guy asked to meet him at Killiney train station, and claimed his wife and kids were on the beach. The stranger asked my brother's friend to turn on the ignition, then proceeded to punch the friend in the face, hopped on the bike and drove away.

So, a word of warning to all who drive, don't leave your car near Killiney Dart station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Same thing happened to a friend of mine.He lived in a kind of 'ruff area' so every night he used to take the car battery out.Anyway,these scumbags tried to steal the car and relising they coudn't just rolled it down the road and set it on fire:( .He only had it a week and a half.

Would it not have been a hell a lot easier and quick to install a battery isolater switch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

JohnCleary wrote:
    Would it not have been a hell a lot easier and quick to install a battery isolater switch?

To be honest, I don't know if he knew that or not.

BTW I removed my post because I was getting neg karma for it.I don't know why(no comments) I now have -11

thanks a million for all your replies.
    i know, im such a FOOL! i always, ALWAYS park in the the Killiney Court Hotel, but the entrance was bordered up due to work they were doing. the ONE TIME i leave my car there at night.

the car parked a space away from mine was untouched but it had some heat damage, some plastic parts were a bit melty, but that was it. a friend said that it was so personally done, it looked like i might have an enemy, but i doubt that however. but it was especially petty.

to be honest i dont want another car, it was going to be sold in a month or two to pay for college anyway, its original price was E25 grand, we're getting E5 grand from the insurance. woop.

Pandora, thats horrible about your brothers friend, im sorry it happened.

they knew i was a girl because of all the girly ****e on the dash etc, which makes me feel even worse (i dont know why, really, it just does) i only had a couple of months left with it, and he just passed the NCT< having forked over over E300 for a service.

ugh, but all this money **** isnt whats depressing me, i feel like my personal space has been violated (for want of a better word.) i feel like they knew me really well and ripped me apart. i can imagine them laughing at all the ****e in the car, at his name things and my tinsel and rosary beads.

i know CDs and everything else can be replaced, but everything that was a permanent fixture in the car meant so much to me, they were all laden with emotions, from the snoopy air freshner my ex gave me, to the angel thing my mum gave me.

if anyone is around killiney dart station in the next couple of days, take a look, it really is shocking. even looking at it now i feel queasy.

i know this sounds a little ridiclous but i feel really weak and vulnerable and helpless now,

it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

God damn scumbags :(
    No respect for anyone elses property... yeah hey lets destroy someones livelyhood so we can have something to do.
    If they want something to do so badly maybe we can sort out some labour camps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Geez I saw this, i was passing on the dart and saw the huge fireball of your car. :(

its just typical of the shankill/ballybrack etc. area...cars always just 'show up' on my road and then a day or two later boom. ****ing bastards.

oh, man, you saw it? god.

its so scary to think that people would wreck something so important to someone else for no gain for themselves. stealing a car is horrible enough. but setting a newish car alight when it was of NO benfit to them, if i could undertand it, i could let it go easier i think

ive been crying all day like a plonker. sigh.

wish i came home a little earlier and caught them doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i'm kinda glad you didn't catch em doing it, then you could have been hurt.

i know its really upsetting...but at least your ok etc.

Things like this always leave ya feeling really angry/frustrated/upset. As a kid I was jumped on a few times by the scumbags around shankill until i got big enough to defend myself...both my brothers were attacked at least once each...just a case of keeping ur head up and getting on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Dirty filty knackers! Why dont people that burn cars just end their pathetic little lives. How would you walk around,,, knowing your a knacker that robs and burns cars and too useless to earn ur own.

What kind of car was it, by the way?

it was a silver A class Merc.

my brother, sold it to me, VERY cheaply, three years ago when he permanently lost his drivers licence.
    i was so lucky to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

what? they didnt steal it... they just burnt it out??? fcking muppets, I remember my area was not great before the killbarack flats were destroyed, but you still would'nt see a car burnt out without been stolen first. Sounds like you got some real scum around that area. Is there no cctv around the dart station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Jealousy and pettyness are a dreadful combination to have.
    Sorry to hear about the car SG :(

• Advertisement

there's no cctv in the actual carpark, only at the actual station. i just got back from seeing it again,

lord i feel like a puppy's been killed in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

chin up, could be worse.

maybe if you watch those third world adds with starving babies you will feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I know how you feel SG I had the first car I ever owned stolen from right outside the house in broad daylight. It makes you feel so angry that these little no hopers can come along and steal and thrash what's yours and that you worked your ass off for. But welcome to the joys of of car ownership in our island of jealous little scum bags. Since my first car was nicked however I have had it all, kicked off mirrors, blocks through the windows, slashed tyres you eventually become numbed to it. But just keep your chin up and remember they will probably end their pathetic existence in a gutter somewhere wheras you will amount to something.

chin up, could be worse.

maybe if you watch those third world adds with starving babies you will feel better
    I find sticking on a Monty Phython DVD or just listening to a MP CD can be quite therapeutic. When its a case of I just saw that six months ago, I just delve further into my comedy collection. I think comedy is more therapeutic than reality TV IMHO.

Sounds selfish - but it does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Sorry to hear about you car. Idiots the lot of them. If they want a car like that let them go out and get one by all means, but the legal way, by buying one, and doing the bit before that, earn the money. It really sickens me to hear things like this. They have absolutely no respect for anyone, those type.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Grape, I really do sympathise. My car was done twice in the space of 18 months at Killiney station (on the road right outside the station - not even in the car park where it's a bit more secluded). The first time they buggered the front passenger door lock with a screwdriver, damaged the paintwork on the door, robbed the CD player and about 50 CDs from the car. Fortunately the CDs were copies I had burnt just in case something like that happened and my taste in music probably wouldn't be to the liking of your average scumbag.

A couple of months ago I came back to my car to find that some gurrier had put a rock through the back window just for kicks. This was in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon. The guy in the station had just rung the Guards in Shankill a few minutes before I arrived and helped me clean out most of the glass (thanks Dave!), but both he and the Guards told me that several cars a week get broken into or vandalised at the station. What I can't understand is why there's no CCTV there as some form of deterrent - surely Irish Rail have some duty to ensure their customers can park their cars in safety?

In the end I gave up using Killiney and I park my car at Glenageary station now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

sympathies are with you Grape. It's the personal nature of the items which you so treasured which must be worse.

It is also incredible that there is no CCTV camera and/or car park attendant there if (as other posts testify) it's a blackspot for vandalism.

Wonder if they started charging for parking at the Dart stations (proposed some months back) would they put some sort of security measure in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

sigh, it was in killiney dart station. killiney, of all places, ten minutes down from my house but oh no, i had to insist on driving down.

ballybrack scum.

I can't emphasis enough how sorry I feel for you, it's disgusting and disgraceful that this should happen to anyone at all, but I do take offence at your use of ballybrack scum, I'm from ballybrack and at no point have I ever been involved in anything like that. Why not just leave it at scum, it could be shankill scum, or loughlinstown scum, or even killiney scum. Regardless of where they are from they are scum, and probably in the minority in their area anyway.

I understand that you're very emotional about this, but it's still a tag I think is unfair :( it's still an absolute disgrace that this happens anywhere regardless of who did it...

Iago wrote:
    I can't emphasis enough how sorry I feel for you, it's disgusting and disgraceful that this should happen to anyone at all, but I do take offence at your use of ballybrack scum, I'm from ballybrack and at no point have I ever been involved in anything like that. Why not just leave it at scum, it could be shankill scum, or loughlinstown scum, or even killiney scum. Regardless of where they are from they are scum, and probably in the minority in their area anyway.

I understand that you're very emotional about this, but it's still a tag I think is unfair :( it's still an absolute disgrace that this happens anywhere regardless of who did it...
    I had my car broken into in Howth DART station a few years ago and have no hesitation in labeling the perps Howth scum. I have little hesitation in stating there exists D4 Scum also. I can't believe you take offence at this. My sincerest apologies if you are over 200 years old :cool:

I now live in Kilbarrack and have registered myself as such - for sake of delicious "flame-grilled" argument - only one near uptake so far. You know who you are: where's my TG4 man :p:)

• Advertisement

what I take offence to is the labelling of a section of people under an umbrella of "scum" it's no different to saying "black" scum or "chinese" scum or "English" scum...none of which are acceptable or factual.

Again I think that it's disgraceful that this should happen to anyones property anywhere at anytime, I think that anyone that does it should be strung up for it, but it's a minority of people who do it regardless of where they are from, we could go into a psychological debate around nature v nurture but that would be completely off-topic and I have no intention of doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sorry to hear about your car , look on the brightside - you werent hurt. I bet every single one of the bastards was wearing a tracksuit. How are these people allowed live and terrorize decent folk ? EVERY time my friends or I have had problems on the streets or in pubs ETC has been with tracksuit wearing scum. Friends have been beaten up , robbed , started on , spat on and abused for no reason other than the " filthy hippy " or " youve got big hair " . My friends or I dont even look 'hippyish' - we just dont wear filthy tracksuit bottoms or caps at 90 degree angles.

We were seriously thinking about getting air guns with metal pelats and...well you can immagine what comes next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Really sorry to hear about that SG, i really would love to get my mitts on the scum that do this sort of thing... id video it and sent it to al jazeera TV
    i know this sounds a little ridiclous but i feel really weak and vulnerable and helpless now,

its not rediclous.. loads of people feel like this after an event like this....

hope you get sorted soon.. and they die

Later
    Macker

Tusky wrote:
    How are these people allowed live and terrorize decent folk ?
    1) I looked into this- the reality is the law supports these bastards - gives nothing to victims, law sucks here IMHO. Wtf am I saying? law only appears to support criminals - their rights etc. victims - **** em. that is our law :(

2) Because I haven't been appointed state torturer. I will do this for free.

The law as is it stands just sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

sg sorry to hear bout ur car but this hs to be the most narrowminded thread i have ever seen. i am from ballybrack and i am no bloody scumbag true there are bad peeps here but there is everywhere. the car was burnt out beside a station where anybody from as far as howth can come,bray,shankill,glenageary,dalkey. why was the blame but straight on ballybrack,who says they were from there unless of course they were caught which is not mentioned.so please people just b4 u point blame let the evidence build so me and anybody else from ballybrack who aint scum can live without reading narrowminded posts like this.
    p.s again silintgrape sorry to hear bout car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Thats pretty tough going and I'm just glad that I don't have a car or anything like that because that would probably end up the same way. Which is just pathetic really, everything seems to be getting worse before it gets better in Ireland at the minute.

And if all else fails you can call up MTV and get Xzibit to Pimp Your Ride!

• Advertisement

Brock wrote:
    sg sorry to hear bout ur car but this hs to be the most narrowminded thread i have ever seen. i am from ballybrack and i am no bloody scumbag true there are bad peeps here but there is everywhere. the car was burnt out beside a station where anybody from as far as howth can come,bray,shankill,glenageary,dalkey. why was the blame but straight on ballybrack,who says they were from there unless of course they were caught which is not mentioned.so please people just b4 u point blame let the evidence build so me and anybody else from ballybrack who aint scum can live without reading narrowminded posts like this.
    p.s again silintgrape sorry to hear bout car
    I just can't dig this - there are scumbags everywhere-Are you an estate agent or something? :eek: See previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

Where are all the people from Ballybrack coming from? And how come I don't know you?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

That royally sucks Silentgrape, im really sorry.
    However, you may console yourself with these simple facts:

A)These scum will more than likely be supporting a nice heroin habit sooner or later. Vomiting, shakes, chronic diarrhea followed by weeks of constipation. Couldnt happen to nicer people.
    B)They'll also probably end up in mountjoy sooner or later, where theyll have to snuggle up to some big buff guy called 'mary', and get reamed daily in the showers.
    C)Thier squalid little lives will come to a, hopefully, painful, horrible end when they get 'shanked' or 'shivved', with a pencil in the neck after they steal someone smokes in jail one day.

Hope this helped :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Good one deadwing :)
    and once the little scumbags mothers turn 25 they might kick them out of the house :P

thanks for your kind replies,
    Iago you're right, they couldve come from anywhere. but more than likely ballybrack or shankill. and by saying 'ballybrack' scum i am not saying that everyone from ballybrck is scum. (from ballybrack myself, and many of my friends, as it happens)

It really amazes me that this can be such a common thing to happen but nothings being done about it at all. barely any lighting, no cameras. i saw a security guard wandering about after i found the car, i was sitting in the phone box, a touch hysterical, and he didnt come near me.

my dad said that it probably wouldve been safer to park just beside the station in the little inletty place, and ive been kicking myself since for not parking there. but then i read your post, Zaph. :(

ive lost over E200 worth of CDs, which i know are just 'stuff' and replaceable, but i seriously doubt they're listenening to snow patrol and bellx1 right now : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

Sorry to hear about your car. The thing is I think crime in Dublin is getting worse. I recently bought a house is mulhuddart and I can't get over the number of scumbags robbing cars and intimidating innocent people. Whats going on? Why are they getting away with this, these people are like animals. Is anything going to happen in the legal system to stop this anti social behaviour? Jail doesn't seem to be a detterent for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Sorry to hear about your car. The thing is I think crime in Dublin is getting worse. I recently bought a house is mulhuddart and I can't get over the number of scumbags robbing cars and intimidating innocent people. Whats going on? Why are they getting away with this, these people are like animals. Is anything going to happen in the legal system to stop this anti social behaviour? Jail doesn't seem to be a detterent for them.
    I agree and they are getting away with it because the guards are either afraid to touch them or don't give a sh1t. Then if they do get off their asses and do something the courts just put them back out on the street to continue to terrorise normal people. A bit of vigilantism is in order imo.

Sorry to hear about your car SG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Is anything going to happen in the legal system to stop this anti social behaviour? Jail doesn't seem to be a detterent for them.
    I vote for concentration camps. Seriously. Might seem a tad ott, but id round up anyone whose baseball cap was at an angle of greater than 90 degrees and have them takin a shower in zyklon B before you could say 'geneva convention'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Sorry to hear about that SG, but get another car and drive over anything you see in a shell suit and a baseball cap, your bound to hit them eventually....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you have any idea of the identity of the little pricks, your local Sinn Fein heads could probably help arrange a fitting "retaliation".

wink wink nudge nudge

Iago wrote:
    what I take offence to is the labelling of a section of people under an umbrella of "scum" it's no different to saying "black" scum or "chinese" scum or "English" scum...none of which are acceptable or factual.

Again I think that it's disgraceful that this should happen to anyones property anywhere at anytime, I think that anyone that does it should be strung up for it, but it's a minority of people who do it regardless of where they are from, we could go into a psychological debate around nature v nurture but that would be completely off-topic and I have no intention of doing that.

"Shoe Shop" == "Shop of Shoes"

"Ballybrack Scum" == "Scum of Ballybrack", not "All of Ballybrack are Scum".

That is the literal meaning.
    Obviously you're sensitive about the area you live in being branded based on the actions of people other than yourself, but maybe you're lying to yourself about how many wasters live in that area.
    Once it reaches a certain threshold level, it nolonger matters how mnay ordinary decent folk are living there, the scumbags have already had enough of an impact to change the area's reputation.

Why not get vigilante on their ass?
    Lie in wait with bats and chains and arrest each one and quietly incarcerate them in a hall where they're bound and gagged.
    Beat them every few hours.
    Don't let them sleep.

Maintain this in a rota-system for about 3 weeks.
    Then report them to the police.

[edit]Or not.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

mistress pandora for all u know u do know me i am 20 and lived in ballybrack all my life.you may know me i dont know
    Brock

Deadwing wrote:
    I vote for concentration camps. Seriously. Might seem a tad ott, but id round up anyone whose baseball cap was at an angle of greater than 90 degrees and have them takin a shower in zyklon B before you could say 'geneva convention'.

It's the Irish complex.

We're a bunch of lazy, self-satisfying begrudgers.
    The Gardaí and the motcheens are no different.

Compare New Zealand policing to Irish.

Where are all the people from Ballybrack coming from? And how come I don't know you?!?
    Ballybrack of course :D

who says you don't know me? That's the beauty of d'internet we could be neighbours for all either of us knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Sorry to hear that was your car that was burning Saturday night, as i sat on the Dart. Not to worry i did call the Fire Brigade but there were already on the way at that stage. It really looked bad. Never thought it would belong to a poster on boards. Small internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement