Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my car got burnt out last night

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DrColossus

yeah, sorry to hear that. I live nearby (cabinteely) and there are burnt out cars and stuff lyin on teh motorway. I didnt know ballybrack was that bad. Wont be walkin to tescos at 3 in the mornin anymore!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I know who burnt it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lenny wrote:
    I know who burnt it out.

up to your tricks again lenny?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Sorry to hear about car Silent Grape. People can get attached to objects and when you feel sorry for yourself then you're DOWN!!

I had 3 mountain bikes stolen from me in full view 7 years ago. I was up picking magic shrooms here on Tallaght hill, the bikes were below on the road, I saw my bikes leave and a friends bike also, FOUR in total!!

Chin swiftly up and remember what you DO have.

(Some of us only have crappy old Micra's)

Quote: Deadwing

These scum will more than likely be supporting a nice heroin habit sooner or later. Vomiting, shakes, chronic diarrhea followed by weeks of constipation. Couldnt happen to nicer people.

Brilliant :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Jaysus it really is scary how many Ballybrack people are on boards. I always thought I was the only one! Why I thought that, I have no idea. I know better now.

SilentGrape, Im so sorry for your troubles. Really is an awful thing. I remember one day, shortly after I had bought my car leaving it parked around the corner from Phantom on Camden Row. Went off to do some work, grabbed a sandwich and went around to get my car and head home. From 100 yards away I could vaguely make out "stuff" around it. Turned out the little ****ebags had broken into the car (smashing window and door in the process), ripped out the stereo and the dashboard (to get at the stereo) and had gone through my stuff in the car and thrown it on the street. Cd's, books, personal stuff, everything. I sat down and cried on the kerb.

Went to the Garda station and they took the details etc. Said of course there was nothing they could do and that, like your situation at Killiney, it happens a lot. "Nothing we can do" they said. That bit really made me angry. So, for what its worth, I wrote to the Garda Commissioner and the Minister asking if maybe it might be possible to have a Garda patrol the street occasionally. Probably made very little difference, but maybe it did. Might be worthwhile you doing the same. We elect these people to "look after society" so I reckon the least we can do is demand that at least they attempt to do more to protect society from these ****ebags.

Once again, sorry for your troubles.

Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Is anything going to happen in the legal system to stop this anti social behaviour? Jail doesn't seem to be a detterent for them.

Prison should mean being chained to wall in a damp basement - no daylight - no excercise - being feed on swill - no gyms, no tv, any nonsense you get severly beaten.

Oh yes and sterilise them while you're at it - these people cannot be rehabilitated - they are congenitally scum - it's necessary to stop them passing on their scum genes to another generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Pete Reed wrote:
    Went to the Garda station and they took the details etc. Said of course there was nothing they could do and that, like your situation at Killiney, it happens a lot. "Nothing we can do" they said.
    When my car was broken into went to the cop-shop and (pointlessly) reported it. I heard what I expected "More than likely we won't catch them" interspersed with in background "left centre- pocket" <Qu-ching - sound of queue ball being struck>" but we will see what we can do "<plonk> yeah I win !".

I am and I'm not slagging off the guards here. Firstly, when I was a kid they had ridiculous powers - they were still operating on the "Emergency" contingency - I'm sure there's a more accurate way to put this- but I'm sure there are lawyers to qualify. What I know is that this was abused - gay-bashing by Gardai happened. I think this could be a major reason why their semi fascist powers were revoked.

IMHO they need to have these powers restored (except where they were open to abuse). If I was a cop I would rather play snooker than have to deal with scumbags that would have to be released next day anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

Iago wrote:
    who says you don't know me? That's the beauty of d'internet we could be neighbours for all either of us knows!

:eek: you're not the crazy man next door are you? Look, I said I was sorry for that time where my snake escaped, and then your cat disappeared and neither of us saw either one of them ever again...

Hehe, this has happened to me before. REVEAL YOURSELF! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

My car was stolen about a year and a half ago. Parked outside my apartment in Nutley Lane, D4 (don't live there anymore). I can empathize with how you're feeling SG - I knew it was only a car - but I did feel upset at the time. Anyway, what they didn't know was me being a young male driver not wanting to spend 10k on insurance, got the Traksure jobby from Axa (they install a tracker on your car - monitors speed, and location ... ergo speed limits). So I rang Axa and within 20 mins they had the car pinponted on the Boot Road (i think) in Clondalkin. Gardaí hop on over and catch a little fúcker in it. Get my car back (no major damage) - and a few presents thrown in... a torch, a hammer, a bag of golf clubs and a car radio (found out someone else in the apartment block had their car brken into - these belonged to them), and an NWA cd - which was just about the funniest thing ever, these guy(s) obviously thought they were major gangsta driving along listening to Fúck Da Police etc etc.

*edit* oh and as far as I know nothing has been done law-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Anyway, what they didn't know was me being a young male driver not wanting to spend 10k on insurance, got the Traksure jobby from Axa (they install a tracker on your car - monitors speed, and location ... ergo speed limits). So I rang Axa and within 20 mins they had the car pinponted on the Boot Road (i think) in Clondalkin.

Shouldn't this sort of tracking technology be implanted in skangers? They can ordered to stay within a certain area - if they are detected leaving that area they can be taken away and incarcerated for years in a "special" prison purpose built on one of the Blasket Islands :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

:eek: you're not the crazy man next door are you? Look, I said I was sorry for that time where my snake escaped, and then your cat disappeared and neither of us saw either one of them ever again...

Hehe, this has happened to me before. REVEAL YOURSELF! :D

I was rather attached to that cat you know ;) I could tell you who I am but then I'd have to kill you...

...no seriously I would :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

WTF my snake escaped mistress pandora and did end up in my neighbours bathroom, these ballybrack peeps are all over this thread.
    Brock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

sorry to hear about ur losses, Pete and Reactor. maybe we should start up a vigilante group of some kind. thanks for calling the fire brigade roar_ie

WELL Herb was taken away this morning, went down to say bubye to him. there was a little book thing in the rubble, a radio manual thing, which was poignant, as my car was where i mostly listened to my music. ive replaced a whole ONE CD so far. god im pathetic.

crazy the amount of Ballybrackers here, its all marvellous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

*edit* oh and as far as I know nothing has been done law-wise.

Your saying they found this guy driving a stolen car, with other peoples stolen stuff in it, and he was never even prosecuted? There's something seriously wrong there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is it just me or are the posters here more vigilante against scummers then against Al quida terrorists...heh...i got the inkling of a new poll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

up to your tricks again lenny?!
    you know me well enough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

[Sorry to hear what happened, Silent Grape, may they be run over by a train in the near future for their sins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

WELL Herb was taken away this morning, went down to say bubye to him. there was a little book thing in the rubble.

Did you have to pay the removal costs after enjoying the privilege of having your car destroyed by these subhumans? Wouldn't supprise me in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can't find a link to it, but I think we should all start installing that South African flame-thrower alarm. I love the smell of chargrilled scummer in the morning, smells like victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Grape, I too am sorry about your loss. Don't worry, you will get over it, you will live on. You will thank your lucky stars that you are not like them, that you do not live in hate and fear like those responsible. That you have your own choices to make, as do they, and that each choice brings consequences. Like some of those before this post said, they'll wretch from heroin or ecstacy overdosing, be sodemised by big 'Mary' in prison, and waste away in filth, neglect, lack of love, and in time, guilt.

You know you are above all this, as are all victims of these kind of crimes.

I believe in a kind of Earthly karma, that what goes around comes around. We all experience good and bad from our actions, and theirs will hit them most when they least expect it.

By the way, contradictory to what I have just said, I am in favour of vigilantes. There is no greater justice than bringing your own to the known perpatrators. Catch them in the act, CCTV, jump them, beat them with their own medicine, its all they know, and then they might realise, damn, I wish I didn't.

Sorry its no consolation, but as you have seen, people do care... depite what the world seems to show you!

;)

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

Iago wrote:
    I was rather attached to that cat you know ;) I could tell you who I am but then I'd have to kill you...

...no seriously I would :D

Oops.

Advertisement