Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone for now & Baldurs Gate/Mythago

Options
  • 28-03-1999 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Well my account's play time has expired, so its bye for now. I'm going to be giving my time to Everquest since I have a free months play and cannt return it here. I'll be back to Ultima if they sort the rogue character out. Err, this does ofcourse mean that venom's armor is kind of *ahem* locked out.
    btw Venom fancy a copy of baldurs gate ? I fancy playing it through on-line. To give you an idea of what its like, it pretty much the same as ultima but with a very defined missions and story lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

But it would only have 4 real players, and he wouldn't be allowed kill them smile.gif

Actually I found another by product of Rogues.

Perma-Gray is a B!tch. I had the whole of Delicia hunt me down last night, finally ran me to ground after 15 minutes. I stole from one chick and I think the rest of her guild was there. Funnest chase ever though. First time I managed to shake them, they were just chasing. The second time when they caught me the SOB's held all the major corners and exits and just whacked as I ran by. They even had trackers and some guy running forensics on me.

...To Kill a thief. Something intresting I found out. You can only kill a thief if ...

1. They have stolen from you.
    2. You run forensics on them.

However if they steal from you while your blue for this to work. If your red or gray then your open season and there is sod all you can do about it, unless you want a MC. smile.gif

As 2 Ooo people found out smile.gif Shhhh and Albrich got ambushed by 5 of the people that chased me just outside town. They killed three before the good guys legged it. Meanwhile the two guys were gray and I was happily hoovering thier bag smile.gif Staying blue all the time! smile.gif

When they copped they couldn't kill me while gray, Albrich was actually running from me, while I'm screaming "give me a hug!" smile.gif Funnist sight ever, most of the people didn't know what the heck was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You know I'm almost tempted to keep the account going for a further month.

I found something else out. "If there not red, your dead"

Anyone can attack a rogue, anywhere anytime. The only thing Forensics does is stop someone from accidently whacking a Blue.

However Reds and grays seem to be the exception as you stay blue to them.

Bois showed up last night, and was killing the NPC shepards. So I took the clothes off one of the corpses and stood there.

Sure enough 2 minutes later Bois shows up (RED). He comes up to me and switches to hally. *BAM* bye bye GM Chainmail leggings smile.gif

Did this about 10 times, got his escape runes, his GM weapons, regents. All the time he was totally confused as I was permently blue to him smile.gif

Then some "goodie two shoes" who was watching me do this killed me sad.gif Then killed me again anytime i tried to get near to Bois. So I had to lay back. However when the fool went over to Bois to tell him that he got the thief, Bois killed him before he could tell him. smile.gif

Poetic Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Uo is full of good basts that wont mind there own business.Alot of my more creative scams got busted coz some rat stuck their nose into my affairs.So I put thier names into my "f~ck them over if its the last thing I do" book

Speaking of grey bashers,theres a guy called lan who hangs out in del bank on the offchance that a grey will come in.He attacked me while I was grey(dont know what caused me to go grey)so I was hacking at him with a katana of power and he splits.Then he tries it on someone else,who went blue the minite he attacked.So he gets guard wacked and all his stuff gets looted(can u say bow of power smile.gif)He then starts crying that all his stuff went for a hop.The names he called me as I walked around in his nice gold chainmail suit,nearly made me call a GM and report him smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Uo is full of good basts that wont mind there own business.Alot of my more creative scams got busted coz some rat stuck their nose into my affairs.So I put thier names into my "f~ck them over if its the last thing I do" book

Speaking of grey bashers,theres a guy called lan who hangs out in del bank on the offchance that a grey will come in.He attacked me while I was grey(dont know what caused me to go grey)so I was hacking at him with a katana of power and he splits.Then he tries it on someone else,who went blue the minite he attacked.So he gets guard wacked and all his stuff gets looted(can u say bow of power smile.gif)He then starts crying that all his stuff went for a hop.The names he called me as I walked around in his nice gold chainmail suit,nearly made me call a GM and report him smile.gif

• Advertisement

Ah yes, but I was blue to the muppet. You see that's the thing, any Rogue is free game.

I expect the game to get worse and worse for Rogues when they aren't watching it, they are going to get a smack of weapon in the back and next thing you know all that hard work gone. Hence the reason i go totally lootless.

I was up at the Orc fort helping out people (Leji-og was there for a while). Provoking and distracting all the monsters while others laid into them. I can't fight, so I pick up whats left over after the fight. I had some newbie try and start on me claiming I had stolen his loot from the bodies. I told him to go swing, I mean how the heck am I supposed to get the loot when everyone kills them before I can and I was helping them making it a lot easier to fight. So anyway a little later, I had provoked the orcs inside and told the chap it was safe to go in. Oh dear... I *accidently* ran peacemaking while he was in the middle of them hacking at them. Nothing more intresting then watching some muppet screaming as 15 orcs rip him to shreads. smile.gif

Point is though, he could of beaten me to a pulp and there was nothing anyone else could of done without getting a murder count :/

Out of all that lot, only one guy gave me a share of the loot. So I added his 1K and goodies to my 3K+ of stuff smile.gif

Advertisement