Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simpsons Character Coming Out Of The Closet?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Good idea to merge threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

my moneys on mr burns.

he will then marry smithers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can't be Smithers, Milhouse or Lenny & Karl because they've all been effectively outed anyway.

My money'd be on someone like Lovejoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

He's already married though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Just cause he's married doesnt mean he cant be gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Cr3m0 wrote:
    so so so very true, i've just giving up watching the simpsons now.

i just buy the boxsets and watch the classics

Yep. This one 'jumped the shark' several years ago. Shame the likes of the hilarious Futurama and Family Guy (though that is coming back) suffered while this was allowed to continue into the depths of non-humour. I don't think I've seen a 'good' Simpsons in years. Sure, there are laughs here and there, but, for me, the show really has run its course.

The cleverness of years ago has been replaced with gimmick, celebrity and just insane storytelling. The Simpsons was at its best when it concentrated on telling a good story. Now, it's just wacky scene after wacky scene and even the tradition of setting up a story in the initial five minutes only to depart completely from it has grown tiresome.

It had its classics, but I haven't seen one I really enjoyed in years. Which is a pity.

As for the gay character, if it was Mr Burns, more likely they'll go for a woman, as it wouldn't be as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Moe...it just has to be Moe

doh.ie wrote:
    As for the gay character, if it was Mr Burns, more likely they'll go for a woman, as it wouldn't be as expected.

Whoo-hoo! I was right. It is a woman.

Potential spoiler here, so only read if you don't mind knowing/having
    plot revealed (assuming it's true):

SPOILER:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16039.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

doh.ie wrote:
    Whoo-hoo! I was right. It is a woman.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16039.html

ok, I guessed this character, but I am still surprised!

Don't follow the link given by doh.ie as it really is a spoiler to be avoided! But, the epsiode details don't sound too accurate for it in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

I noticed these words in the report:
    according to The Sun today.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I find if a rumour looks almost close enough to the truth to be believeable, it often can be - wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those cases.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well here's my reaction:
    a disappointment! Again! Not surprising. I had hoped they'd go elsewhere. Ah well... I pity any future dates she has! Heh...

So, she'll be going to the She-She lounge. let's hope there isn't a fire! (Homer: "Wait a minute. There's something odd about this place! (GASP) This lesbian bar dosen't have a fire exit! Ennjoy your deathtrap ladies!"

Woman walking past "What's her problem?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Actually his comment was "(GASP) This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit", just thought I'd be pedantic as it was important to the joke :)

Trying to figure out if that revelation breaks character continuity. It does kind of make sense as she has been very hostile to men in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

But what about
    MacGyver - weren't they both interested in him
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I thought it would be Milhouse. Sky had been showing a lot of "relatively new" episodes over September and he kept dropping hints to Bart "there's something I need to tell you" "I really like spending time with you" etc and Bart kept brushing him off. Damn, i thought I was just sooo clever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

But what about
    MacGyver - weren't they both interested in him
    ?

But what about
    Madonna, aren't gay men interested in her? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think its going to be Bart myself

Stark wrote:
    Actually his comment was "(GASP) This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit", just thought I'd be pedantic as it was important to the joke :)

I've edited my original post. Some good rep for you for pointing it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

when's the episode on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

SantaHoe wrote:
    Er, it couldn't be since the guy who did his voice (also the voice of Lionel Hutz) Phil Hartman was murdered by his wife a few years ago and hasn't been appearing in episodes since... tbh I'm glad they haven't tried to replace the voice like they did with Maud for a while. :(:(

The guy who did lionel hutz is dead? That sucks, he was deadly.

spooiirt!! wrote:

You may also remember him (pardon the pun - he did that guy too!) from such TV shows as Saturday Night Live and Newsradio (Bill McNeal.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 otherdave

I think Kent Brockman is a pretty good contender for being gay.

Have you ever seen him with a woman? Sure some of the show's he's been in have scantily clad women in them dancin around, but he doesn't exactly look very interested.

Remember when he won the lottery, he got an overall tan an wore practically nothing except for some gay speedos and some chains. Now that says gay to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

ChipZilla wrote:
    Dunno about Millhouse - he does have that crush on Lisa.

Groundskeeper Willy might be another possibility...

Yeah and Elton John was married once ........ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

otherdave wrote:
    I think Kent Brockman is a pretty good contender for being gay.

Have you ever seen him with a woman? Sure some of the show's he's been in have scantily clad women in them dancin around, but he doesn't exactly look very interested.

Remember when he won the lottery, he got an overall tan an wore practically nothing except for some gay speedos and some chains. Now that says gay to me.

He has a daughter though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 otherdave

Makaveli wrote:
    He has a daughter though.

Good point. I forgot about that.

Still, you never know. I stand by my decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

has to be either patty or selma, my money is on the one who didn't get married to Troy McClure and Sideshow Bob, can never figure out which one is which though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

spooiirt!! wrote:

I didnt know that, He was murdered by his wife :eek: - we're not talking about the cartoon character here but the guy who voiced him. amazed I didnt hear of that - I only just came across this thread and have up after the 1st 5 pages so has there been any update as to who it was???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Season 16 started a few weeks ago in the US. Does anyone know when this episode will be shown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

According to Digital Spy

Marge's sister Patty will come out as a lesbian in a future episode of The Simpsons, according to The Sun today.

The purple-haired heavy smoker will decide to pursue women after being snubbed by every man in Springfield. She soon finds true love after being seduced by a butch lesbian in a bar, leaving Homer horrified.

His horror is short-lived, however, as he ends up becoming ordained as a minister over the internet in order to marry the pair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcsavage

I was thinking' Duff man but would you consider him a long-term character? I reckon its him all the same! It couldn't be Patty or Selma! Don't they worship McGuiver! You'd never know what’s in the mind of the Simpsons writers! (Purple, monkey, dishwasher) :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So, did anyone watch this episode last week, then? Absolutely atrocious episode (I know that's to be expected, but the one the week before was genuinely funny in parts) with hardly a massive surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Who was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Winters wrote:

I wonder how they will get them to bring it out, maybe they'll meet someone and then have to confuse. When did the Simpsons become a drama (soap),
    What next, mystery pregnancy

Advertisement