Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Nape Piercing :D

Options
  • 22-08-2004 3:20pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Howdi kids,
    thanks for all your suggestions on my previous thread but i decided to go with a nape piercing this time.Hopefully my metal fixation has calmed down for a while now:)
    Very simple and pretty much painless piercing,took all of about 10 minutes which i was glad coz i was due in work straight afterwards :D
    First off,he showed me the bar he was going to insert in the back of my neck,about an inch long and bent 90 degrees on each end.
    Then he started to measure up my neck,marking out the point he was going to pierce,ok'ed with me and then he got to work.
    Using a clamp he grabbed the marked lump of skin and proceeded to pierce
    Felt a small pinch when the needle went in and then an even bigger pinch when the needle came out the other side(the needle gets blunted going through that much tissue).
    Has got to be one of my easiest piercings,although its a bit of a c*nt to clean coz i cant see it :/

Pic 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

cooooooooooooooooooool ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I got mine done there nearly 2 weeks ago, pritty painless i have to say my nipple was and still is the soreest. it is bit of a **** to clean aswell, mine just feels that i need the urge to scratch it so much the last few days but i haven't been doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i got mine done in mid may, and i still get the urge to scratch every now and again. i think it's because its hard to clean, and i find tiny gooey bits can get caught under the bar where it angles upwards and i think thats what makes it itchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

this is madness, when i got mine done a little over a year ago, paddy in Bodyshock said it was really unsusual to see this kind of piercing in Ireland. Now ive seen at least four this summer.

SO, to be extra attention seeking im getting a shorter one just underneath it.
    time to up the ante folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I want one!!!!!!!!! Or maybe more in a weird shape....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Tell us is the nape piercing a purely aesthetic thing?
    I have three piercings, two nipples and a PA, now I know why I got mine as they are great fun, especially the PA, thing is that the nape piercing has none of the benefits of genital or nipple piercings so I was wondering what the motivation to get them is, same as all surface piercings/pocketings really.
    So is it purely for the look?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

thats my plan when my first one heals up a little bit,
    get a shorter on put in above it, and then another really short one(dont think the last one willl go, will prob grow out) kinda like a pyrmiad(sp)
    this is madness, when i got mine done a little over a year ago, paddy in Bodyshock said it was really unsusual to see this kind of piercing in Ireland. Now ive seen at least four this summer.

SO, to be extra attention seeking im getting a shorter one just underneath it.
    time to up the ante folks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Tell us is the nape piercing a purely aesthetic thing?
    I have three piercings, two nipples and a PA, now I know why I got mine as they are great fun, especially the PA, thing is that the nape piercing has none of the benefits of genital or nipple piercings so I was wondering what the motivation to get them is, same as all surface piercings/pocketings really.
    So is it purely for the look?

Yeh,i just got it for the wow factor,like most of my other piercings,well except my frenulum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Is it possible to get a nape piercing with a ring?

i doubt it,the bar in a nape piercing is about an inch long,to get a good grip in the neck,what with all the movement and whathaveya but your better off asking your friendly piercist than us metal freaks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

no you cant get the nape with a ring, it has to be a bar [pref with a bend at either side].

the reason it looks bad is coz that pic was taken straight after i got it pierced,what if i took one in 2 weeks when its all healed?would that please your holiness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

the reason it looks bad is coz that pic was taken straight after i got it pierced,what if i took one in 2 weeks when its all healed?would that please your holiness?

Yes, yes it would. I didnt realise you had taken it so soon after getting it done. If it looked that "sore" all the time after getting it done then it just wouldnt look good.

Blub2K4. I was expressing my opinion - is that against the law now aswell? I dont sugar coat things.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ok Ive edited all the off-topic crap from this thread.Blub/Gone shootin-Its sorted.
    Now back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Cool I have no problem with that.

so yeh...my nape piercing....cool or what?:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How are you finding the healing in it Garth??After 5 weeks Im still getting a few crusties on it.
    What I want next is the Nape done vertically under the one I have done at the minute.Looks cool but is supposed to hurt like f**k.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

itll always look gay on you im afriad garth :P

lol,your just jealous;p
    i only have it a few days,no crusties yet,seems to be healing up perfect,feels a bit itchy amd sometimes i get the feeling like ive stretched my neck but other than that its aok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Goneshootin - There's a difference between telling someone their piercing doesn't look good, and telling them it looks like 'a pustulous boil'. Any more of this crap from you and you're banned. Express your opinion, that's fine with me, but no personal attacks/jibes thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement