Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with piercing healing?

Options
  • 22-08-2004 3:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Ive had my ear scaffold done since halloween last year and its still hurting when i wake up,mentioned it to my friendly piercer and he told me to get my hands on some Arnica,
    You can get it in any chemists or natural store,I think its about 6 quid for a tube of tablets but it really really helps,it reduces swelling and inflammation and promotes white blood cell regeneration,which is handy for all us metal freaks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

My helixes got infected. I cut the jewellery out when I noticed. (Didn't hurt much but was swollen and obviously infected) Did I have to take the jewellery out or would I have been able to heal the infection while the jewellery was in? If I didn't have to take it out then I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

if it comes to an infection take it out straight away but this armica stuff is only good for healing up piercings just done or piercings that you are having trouble with,not infections

I took mine out and it healed fairly quickly. I'm pissed off though if I could have kept it in. It seems wrong though to keep the wound that got infected open though. Can't see that being right to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Because the hole will close up, closing the infection inside your skin

bedlam wrote:
    No you should NOT take the piercing out if it is infected. Taking the jewelry out will result in the piercing closing up and possibly resulting in an abscess. If you leave the jewellery in it will allow for irrigation and drainage of the wound. If you must do something swap the jewellery out for a smaller guage to halp with the drainage.

If you have infected piercing you should go back to the place you got it done and seek further advice and if needs be seek out medical help (but one that understands that removing the piercing is going to be detrimental to the clearing up of the infection)
    wow,didnt know that,thanks for the info:)

• Advertisement

Bollocks!

It was swollen to the point where the jewellery couldn't be removed by hand. It had to be cut out. And I didn't refute your advice. I just said it didn't seem right. What do I know though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

when my ear became infect i took out the jewlery and squeezed out the puss and just let it head from there and its been fine ever since

sssqqqquuuuuuueeeeeeeezzzzeeee that puss

Advertisement